• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale ...

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username Hidden

20150314_223623_zpsphoxzecm.jpg

20150314_223904_zpsxtjual7k.jpg

20150314_223640_zpsz6yxypap.jpg

20150314_223935_zpsss7lwfd2.jpg

20150314_223648_zpswxzx2ot8.jpg

20150314_223717_zpshdlfuuhp.jpg

20150314_223748_zps1eardrps.jpg

20150314_223805_zpsjinb5wxd.jpg

Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
Amazing combo here (I have a similar pair with also the IH cross etched)
GLWS

I almost PMed but was thrown off when I saw the evaluation of a BNIB XS Polished carbon at $400.
If my memory serves right, the Polished carbon BNIB retailed for $400+ taxes = $425 (that is what I paid).
Considering the non-existence of real X-metal production, I would have expected that combo to have appreciated in upwards of $450.
Am I missing something here???

Pm

Username Hidden said:
I almost PMed but was thrown off when I saw the evaluation of a BNIB XS Polished carbon at $400.
If my memory serves right, the Polished carbon BNIB retailed for $400+ taxes = $425 (that is what I paid).
Considering the non-existence of real X-metal production, I would have expected that combo to have appreciated in upwards of $450.
Am I missing something here???

I have a source for a BNIB at $400, recent sales on eBay of like new frames have been $350ish, I bought a BNIB Plasma Fire Polarized for $425, a Polished XS basically just for the frame but with all packaging for $360, a Carbon XS went for $250 recently here on the forum. There's definitely wiggle room in that valuation but IMO the XS is EXTREMELY overvalued in the market right now and I wouldn't go over a $450 valuation max and that's only if I thought I could unload the lenses for say $60

Username Hidden said:
Amazing combo here (I have a similar pair with also the IH cross etched)
GLWS

Yes I believe your pair used to be my pair I sold back in 2012 I believe :)

Do be the devils advocate here, when you customize a pair you really shouldn't expect to get out of it what you have in... It's a custom, and it's your vision... Not saying you can't get what you have in but I see this far to often where people value their item at the top of the market range and value the perspective items at the low end of the market range... Again, not necessarily saying that's what is going on here as I know very little about XS's but it's something to consider as I see it happening far too often

As an aside- if someone wants the frames separate from the lenses and rubber, let me know. I'd be okay parting it out- but I'll still want $550 for the frames

Closed-trade with cash completed pending funds.

Alright so we're back...same trade scenario as in first post applies still- that and ONLY that. I've had a couple interested parties since I got these back from the first trade but nothing firm. Thinking by weekends end if nobody wants to trade with cash or straight up cash it'll head to eBay so if anyone wants these let me know. The trade and cash is STILL preferred- I'd like to add this XS but if a sale is what someone prefers so be it- would much rather these go to a collector here than elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back