• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

5 cops shot dead in Dallas

I have not seen the video, even the one shot after the fact by the girlfriend, so I am going to limit my comments on the MN case. That being said the officers attorney did state that the man in the vehicle did tell him he was carrying a concealed weapon. According to the attorney, the officer then told the man to put his hands in the air and keep them there. The man did not and continued to keep reaching places where the officer could not see his hands. The officer supposedly yelled put your hands up where I can see them and the man again did not. I think this situation is a severe misunderstanding and tragedy, but I don't think the officer will be found guilty of murder. He may loose his job, but murder will be very tough to show. There has to be intent to murder, to prove murder and I don't think there was any intent to murder here. I think the officer, knowing there was a weapon in the car, or on the man, coupled with the fact that the man was not listening to him and he lost sight of his hands, forced him to make a split second decision to shoot. In police training officers never shoot just once, we shoot several rounds, assess the threat and reapply if needed. So when an Officer shoots, especially at close range, a fatality is very likely.

That is not entirely true. No officer has to wait until the gun is pointed at them, before they shoot. Action is way faster than reaction and if the gun is already pointed at the officer, it is way likely the officer will be shot. Police officers do not have to give suspects, or anybody with a weapon, the opportunity to have the advantage. The process works in favor of the police officer and IT MUST. The mere presence of a weapon and the articulable fear that the weapon is very likely going to be used against the officer or an innocent, allows the officer to escalate to deadly force to protect themselves, their bodies or the life or body of an innocent. Officers do not even have to give the person an opportunity to start to pull the gun. If an Officer is aware of the presence of a gun or any weapon for that matter, and the suspect is placing his hands in his pocket or waistband or whatever, we can use deadly force to prevent them from getting the upper hand. As I said it has been proven time and time again that "Action is faster than reaction" and Officers that hesitate in using deadly force end up dead themselves. Look up fatal police shooting videos (where the officer dies) and in most, the officer had an opportunity to shoot first or at least pull his weapon, as an extreme show of constructive force and did not. This allowed the suspect / murderer to pull his weapon first and take the officers life. Police do not have to give a person the opportunity to use the weapon and nor should they.
It's no use man, the guys posting in this thread have never put on any sort of uniform in their lives...

They just don't know...and that's ok...can't hate them for not knowing...

No hate, just trying to inform
Yeah, it was more of a general statement...

I know you didn't mean anything by your comments...

It's just that, they haven't been through any sort of military or police training, as you can clearly tell by the comments...

Yeah, it was more of a general statement...

I know you didn't mean anything by your comments...

It's just that, they haven't been through any sort of military or police training, as you can clearly tell by the comments...

Actually I was a military cop and went through civilian training and they pushed intent, capability, and opertunity, I don't know if it's a state by state regulation!

Well here are facts.
Tail lights was not the issue. It was not broken to begin with.
That police stopped this guy because the car matched of suspected robbery. this is according to police recording before the stopped was made. So there yah go, you got urself a lying a$$ cop. He shot him coz he is black i am sure it has something to do with it. At the end of the day this guy is "toast". The only excuse he has and always their excuse is "i felt threatened" thats why i "killed" him. Unbelivable!.

Makes it a better case for the officer. Now he is a suspect, who matches the description of an armed robbery suspect, who happens to be armed with a weapon and not listening to the directions of the officer, to keep his hands visible. I know I would be fearful if I knew he had a weapon, even if he had a permit and told me he had the weapon, if he was not listening to my directions / commands and was not keeping his hands where I could see them.

Screen_Shot_2016-04-20_at_4.22.55_PM.0.0.png

Well here are facts.
Tail lights was not the issue. It was not broken to begin with.
That police stopped this guy because the car matched of suspected robbery. this is according to police recording before the stopped was made. So there yah go, you got urself a lying a$$ cop. He shot him coz he is black i am sure it has something to do with it. At the end of the day this guy is "toast". The only excuse he has and always their excuse is "i felt threatened" thats why i "killed" him. Unbelivable!.
pdj, I love you man, but please just stop...

You are speaking on a subject that you are clearly not versed or trained in...

I hate saying that you look silly, because I like you, but you look really silly...

I recently got pulled over in South Carolina, had my gun in the car, with no paperwork. I advised the trooper I was an officer and had my weapon in the glove box. He advised me to make no moves. He called for back-up. Had the back-up officer remove the gun from the glove box until he could verify my employment and the legitimacy of the weapon. I listened to every word he said and did exactly as I was told.

One of the main issues with all of the recent police shootings is the victims resisted, or did not listen or comply with the commands the officer was giving. Regardless of how individuals feel, you must comply with any and all orders, commands etc. that an officer gives. When a person does not listen to what an officer is saying, they become suspicious and depending on what the officer is asking, subject to being charged with hindering, obstruction, or being disorderly. When a person with a weapon, especially a firearm, is not listening, then there is a real problem. The situation escalates into one that is potentially deadly for the officer and we are trained not to lose in those types of situations. Now a COWARD, hidden in an elevated snipers perch, with a rifle is a different story, those officers had no chance.

Back