1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. markh

markh Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

I don't like them aaaaarrhh, First thing that hit me was how small they were, and lack of peripheral vision, I've been wearing the same straight jackets for 17 years and its like they are part of my head now ! so a bit of a downer when I slipped on the Juliet's, more so because they are an absolutely beautiful piece of kit. I was considering going to a jungle somewhere to get my head shrunk.
    I want to stick with x metals, would xx make a difference, or even romeo 2? (not a fan of romeo 1)
    I'm not bothered about coins, boxes and matching serial numbers, they wont be going in a cabinet or just brought out for special occasions, they will be going on my head. Any help will be appreciated.

Fab site, nice to know there are other people who get enthusiastic about sunglasses !
    Kind regards
    Mark

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. mega8zero

mega8zero Oakley Enthusiast

try the xx or the x squared, fits better for people with larger heads. ;)

3. SiRacer420

SiRacer420 Oakley Expert

The XX is the big brother of the juliet. It is what you're looking for.

4. joecool862

joecool862 Keeper of the Skull Premium Member Lifetime Member

Agreed, XX is your best bet although the XS may be perfect as well. Couldn't go wrong with either!

5. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

XX would make a difference. Good thing is you should have no prob selling them if u don't like them.

6. Valkie 2

Valkie 2 Oakley Collector

Yep, Agreed - the XX is what you're looking for

7. Daniel ponder

Daniel ponder Oakley Beginner

I like the juliets too but found my head to be a little large for them. I found the XS to be perfect for me. I haven't tried the XX so that could be another option.

8. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

I don't disagree with the other recommendations, but since you asked about the R2, those should be better, too.

joecool862 likes this.
  9. joecool862

joecool862 Keeper of the Skull Premium Member Lifetime Member

Oh absolutely! My favorite frame for all day wear. Superior comfort and very lightweight but aftermarket replacement rubber options are very limited for now...

supersharp and kronin323 like this.
  10. cyclerdoug

cyclerdoug Oakley Expert Premium Member

@markh
    Coming from M-Frame and Radars I am quite used to my entire field, and extended field, of vision being covered by the lenses. More peripheral than I ever needed and great wind coverage to boot. My lifestyle frame choices are Holbrook, Hijinx, Fuel Cell, and some others that all offered me that (similar) coverage. However...when I got my first pair of Juliets I felt then like you do now....There's no way these will work! But after wearing them for a while I am now used to the lesser (not limited) coverage these lenses afford me. So much so that I have multiple pairs and they are my favorite frame now. Give them a little more time on your face if you can...you may change your mind about what they are and what they can do.
    I am certain the XX would be as much of a pleasure to wear , if not a little more, but the Juliets work so well for me now that I want an XX simply to have, not because I need it.

:)

motoGP_fanatic likes this.
  11. markh

markh Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

Good shout cyclerdoug, was thinking that myself, ive been wearing them for a couple of days and talking myself into them, I'm putting in some immaculate lenses, they are my obsession, I hate any marks, smears, dust and if I see someone else with minging sunglasses I have to say " give them here" and proceed to clean them up, when they put them on they always say " wow they are really clear " people are strange creatures . Anyway, new lenses going in and 10 days in Cyprus should be a good test.

cyclerdoug likes this.