• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

60 Minutes... Luxottica?

I thought the Nevada plant was being mothballed (i.e. closed but kept in a condition where it could be re-started easily)? If they weren't legally allowed to make the product anymore they'd shut it completely, but mothballing suggests they can and could still make a product using that process if they wanted to.

As for supply and demand, I don't understand Lux's business model at the minute, there is way too much supply right now.

Once a furnace for a casting operation is shut down it might as well be closed for good. Usually once they're started up they run continuously through the life of the furnace.

I don't think they were using induction furnaces anyway.

It seems to have all been said before about Lux...for those who dont think they influence Oakley greatly ...I dont know what to say...if people love the brooks and Frogs then its great for them...I am living in the past probably

The main point I got from the brief discussion was that Luxottica doesn't have as much of an impact as many think, and that current styles are more based on recent trends.

Well that's definitely good to know. From the 60 minutes piece, it seems like Lux does all the design work for most of their brands. The line of designers sitting there spitting out styles was crazy. Lets just hope design stays in house at Oakley.

OT: What is that? Livestrong inspired C6 carbon fiber?
Oakley CEO Colin Baden shows Lesley Stahl a pair from the company's "Elite" collection

udpaxtxa.png

qrxx7saf.png

OT: What is that? Livestrong inspired C6 carbon fiber?
Oakley CEO Colin Baden shows Lesley Stahl a pair from the company's "Elite" collection

udpaxtxa.png

qrxx7saf.png

Oh how I wish I could own these.... I wish I had the money when they went on eBay a few years back... The things I would do for these.

i managed to get the whole episode of 60 mins off the webby. will give it a watch soon, to catch a glimpse of that sweet c-6. ha!

Back