• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A Badder Badman

The width is similar
Eye/Bridge/Temple
Tincan - 58/15/131
Badman - 60/21/135
Holbrook - 55/18/137
Pitboss II - 60/19/138

I threw the Holbrook and PB II in there to offer some perspective as the frame width is greater even though the lens/eye size is smaller (width). The one thing those numbers do not tell you is the frame (and lens) height. Compared to the PB II the Badman has the same eye size, a bit more narrow, and with a little more room in the bridge. I mentioned before the Badman lens is more rectangular than square, which works better for me. Amazing what a big difference a little difference can make ;)

I mentioned in another thread - they feel almost like the C SIX, without the recessed orbitals. I'm not sure if that helps or not? :idk:

Hopefully you'll be able to give them try sometime soon :)

i´ve got new data of lens dimensions.

Eye/Bridge/Temple/Lens height/Lens diagonal
Tincan - 58/15/131/39.9/60.2
Badman - 60/21/135/40/70.1

With this new information, i can´t understand that tincan is too big for you and badman fits well on you. all dimensions of badman are bigger than tincan´s dimension (including frame thickness)...
i´m interested in good lens coverage to drive but i want a good fit. for that all my doubts... return policy here in Spain is not that good...

It is more than just the lenses, the bridge is also part of it for me. I also do not know if those numbers account for the frame or just the lenses. I do not consider myself to have a big or small nose, but the Tincan was/is a bit close in the middle for me. That has an impact on the lenses in other ways. All I can do is share what I have experienced, how they felt. Similar is true for the X Squared, its just too big for me. I can't say much more than I have - do what you can to try them on for yourself and good luck!

On oakleys site it says that the nose pads are adjustable. Can anyone explain. I have a pair of Badmans but have been too busy working to try and figure it out

On oakleys site it says that the nose pads are adjustable.
AFAIK the nosepads are NOT adjustable. The same section that mentions this also refers to the them as women's sunglasses:

"SNAGLESS NOSE PADS
A hassle-free nose pad for women's eyewear, this patented innovation is an adjustable design that won't snag or pull your hair."

Of course they are not "women's"... unisex, perhaps, but that whole section is clearly a misprint. The nosepads are snagless - that is their point in all that extra verbiage.

They say the same thing for the Madman.

I brought this to Oakley's attention last week.

Unfortunately it is a systematic problem. The distributors and resellers have latched on to that wording and are using it in their own way, so the whole idea that these are adjustable is being miscommunicated all over the place. :rolleyes:

I have not tried to remove the nose pads yet. Oakley assured me that they do come off and are replaceable. I don't doubt this, but the new ones are so tight its difficult for me to justify possibly ripping them to confirm since there are no spares yet available for Oakley to send out if I mess them up.

AFAIK the nosepads are NOT adjustable. The same section that mentions this also refers to the them as women's sunglasses:

"SNAGLESS NOSE PADS
A hassle-free nose pad for women's eyewear, this patented innovation is an adjustable design that won't snag or pull your hair."

Of course they are not "women's"... unisex, perhaps, but that whole section is clearly a misprint. The nosepads are snagless - that is their point in all that extra verbiage.

They say the same thing for the Madman.

I brought this to Oakley's attention last week.

Unfortunately it is a systematic problem. The distributors and resellers have latched on to that wording and are using it in their own way, so the whole idea that these are adjustable is being miscommunicated all over the place. :rolleyes:

I have not tried to remove the nose pads yet. Oakley assured me that they do come off and are replaceable. I don't doubt this, but the new ones are so tight its difficult for me to justify possibly ripping them to confirm since there are no spares yet available for Oakley to send out if I mess them up.
Guy who disassembled a pair said his were glued on lol

Guy who disassembled a pair said his were glued on lol
Interesting... My next trip to the O-store I'll take a pair with me - probably the Madman... if they can't remove the nosepads cleanly I will just return them.

These cuts are great man, and look badass! I attempted to remove the nose pads and felt really uncomfortable with it. They're on real tight and seem like they are in fact glued on.

They're on real tight and seem like they are in fact glued on.
Oakley told me they can be removed, but as you and others have pointed out that is not easily done. I tried until I felt like I was going to tear the nosepad and then I backed off... I am going to ask one of the Oakley employees to demonstrate removal and install - that should be interesting!

Oakley told me they can be removed, but as you and others have pointed out that is not easily done. I tried until I felt like I was going to tear the nosepad and then I backed off... I am going to ask one of the Oakley employees to demonstrate removal and install - that should be interesting!
Haha yeah,
I was prying it with my fingernail and I was for sure it was going to rip straight off the plastic. I stopped prying.

Back