• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying A "Beater" Pair Of Romeo 1 (Found Some Mars)

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Looking for a pair of R1's. The idea is to get a frame that I can not feel paranoid about working in. I own some rental properties and do 95% of the maintenance myself, sometimes I'm on a roof, sometimes I'm under a sink or doing any number of other sun glass-hazardous activities. I generally keep my shades on for eye protection especially cutting materials or slinging a hammer. This may not be the ideal frame to seek for this but I thought it was worth a shot. Don't worry, I'm not "looking" to damage them and will most likely take utmost precaution, however I don't want to slip into a depression if I catch the frame on something and put a deep scratch in it or what have you.

Only requirement is a tight nose-bridge. Other than that I don't care if they have the rubbers or not, or are even pieced together from 2-3 pairs, as long as the finishes are the same.
Lenses can be 6-7/10, maybe lower if the field of vision isn't badly affected, or maybe even without lenses as long as that's reflected in the asking price.
Like I said, frames can be kind of rough, 6-7/10.
PM me with any thoughts on this. Open to suggestions.

Thanks.

*edit: found some Mars thanks to a couple of fellow members, also working out the details on a deal for some X Squared with another forum member, will update thread to disclose deal accordingly

Some people reacted to this post.
Well, I've never seen a "loose" Romeo because that's not really how they work.

But even so, a beater frame is still gonna run you 350-400$ I'd bet.

if you're gonna use them for the activities you mentioned, i'd sugget just searching for a beater m-frame, radar, split or racing jacket.

as far as the nose bridge, like qtrain said, that won't be an issue as the nose bridge is one piece on the romeo 1.

for the price of a beater romeo 1, you can get probably 3-4 beater o-matter frames that would serve you much better.

good luck with your search.

Yeah q, I should've been more specific I guess. Just a "tight frame" in general, ie; not loose where the orbitals screw into the x...
But I figured someone may have a frame that was scratched up pretty bad or something. Looking like the x-man does refinishing jobs though so that's probably a no go there as well. I'm gonna leave this open for another few days and if nothing surfaces I'll close it and try a WTB for something thats a bit more common, but still offers some uniqueness.

Just thought it'd be pretty cool rocking some R1's all day and not sweating a scratch.
Thanks for the input gentlemen!

Username Hidden said:
Yeah q, I should've been more specific I guess. Just a "tight frame" in general, ie; not loose where the orbitals screw into the x...
But I figured someone may have a frame that was scratched up pretty bad or something. Looking like the x-man does refinishing jobs though so that's probably a no go there as well. I'm gonna leave this open for another few days and if nothing surfaces I'll close it and try a WTB for something thats a bit more common, but still offers some uniqueness.

Just thought it'd be pretty cool rocking some R1's all day and not sweating a scratch.
Thanks for the input gentlemen!

You could probably find some beater Juliet's for fairly cheap. I know the gf picked up one for 40$ on cl. If you wanna go the metal route.

I lol also when I seen that one go up also owl

Username Hidden said:
Or do like this guy :cool:
I hope thats not you... I LOL'd
oakley romeo 1

Sh*t I think 99% of us would pay that price for a R1

Back