• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A Change In Alliance...

yea, i know what you mean about the name. that was just reflecting my feeling when i wanted to make a post.
as for response, i told u i answered and they took it off! no i always used the sleeves. oakley gave me 2 or 3 when ever i asked or bought glasses, so i ALWAYS used the sleeves to clean. as i said ive brought oakleys for over 10 years (5 or 6 pairs, plus snow goggles). i know how to look after them. in actual fact i still have a few sets of oakleys going back as far as 1990's. and the are ALL still fine!

sorry oakley boss i didnt want to discredit the site. that's not what i am trying to do. i understand your points and you are right, i agree. however if no-one ever makes complaints heard oakley could easily go down hill. and that will affect ALL of us, forum users included. oakley need to keep the standards high and address these types of issues. if you dont let them see then what will happen?

I agree 100%, usually Oakley is very good with dealing with these types of complaints. Honestly it could have been nothing you did wrong, and just one bad pair of sunglasses in the batch. And from your side I understand that you want Oakley to do something about it. But I also understand Oakleys side, which is 100's of people a day complain to them that their glasses are broke and that Oakley should fix them, but usually the glasses are broke because someone ran over them in a car, or sat on them etc. So obviously if they fixed everyones glasses who complained they would be bankrupt. I would try talking to them and seeing if you could possibly get a discount if you sent the bad lenses back(sometimes companies like this so they can see whats wrong) or check out Ebay or something for cheaper lenses, especially since it seems that you are in Europe and the prices are crazy over there.

oakleyguy7 said:
if you are cleaning your lenses with anything that might have alcohol or ammonia you will ruin your lenses .

WHAT!!??
The cleaner SunglassHut sold me contains ISOPROPANOL that is an alcohol right? Should I not be using this they said its the same as the Oakley cleaner & safe for all lenses.

Ive used it a few times so if its bad stuff I will return cleaner and exchange my glasses so not to have issue such as OP.

This here

Last edited by a moderator:
It is an alcohol but if it's a very low alcohol content you're ok. Oakley's lens cleaner has less than 5% alcohol content.

I'm not sure if this is a problem for you...but I used to wear "product" in my hair and when I'd rest my Oakleys up there on my head...eventually the inside of the lenses would get etched from the alcohol in that stuff. I know when I worked at an O store we used to get a lot of girls coming in with that issue too. They all wore their shades up on their head. I know it's not something that should happen, but it does.

I'm not sure if you wrote an actual letter stating your allegiance to Oakley for years - if that would help. It certainly wouldn't hurt. I know you're jammed right now, and I would be too.

Hang in there. Get some replacement lenses on sale or on the vault and you'll be set.

Overthetop has a good point that many people tend to forget about. Hair products, oils, sweat, or anything of that nature can eat away at the lens if on there for long enough. I see it all the time at my store with people that bring in their Sport glasses.

i spoke to the UK head office on the phone explaining this and this was what actually inspired me to start this thread. they didn't seem to care that i had been a life long customer or that i said i wouldnt buy from them again. They didn't even acknowledge that there 'may' be some sort of fault (clearly there is).
it is a good point about the products but mine was on the outside. more to the point though, if the coating can't stand up to exposure to these every day products then why are they using it?! Sunglasses you can't ever wear on your head in case the coating peels off?! c'mon. i currently have clippered hair but it sounds like this is what we r being told. that doesn't work for me im afraid. i need to put my glasses on my head from time to time

The telesales/CS people have changed over it seems from a few years ago and yes, I agree they are no longer the O that goes an extra mile for their customers...For example they cant grasp that I just cant wear polarized lenses and have to explain why theirs is supposedly the best. That may be but i get migraines and depth perception is haywire with polarized glasses...this occurs in about 1 in 50 people actually... Not sure what to say ..don't see them going back in styles or CS. They sent me asian fit custom a while back tho my on line receipt and order histpry clearly showed it was their mistake... I had to battle for weeks to get it corrected.

As one of the moderators, I did not remove any of the comments. We all have bad experiences from time to time. But as you said, you avidly wore Oakleys for a long time. If you've been happy over ten years of use, why would you allow one bad experience ruin your relationship with the company? I'm just curious. Does the previous ten years of loyalty to the brand not mean anything when you had no problems whatsoever?

Latest Posts

Back