• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A Change In Alliance...

i assume O has changed. i never minded paying a bit extra for oakleys coz a) i like the look/feel of them and b) i always assumed that if i had any problems they would just sort it (within reason). they have sorted stuff in the past for me (plus other people i know - even straight replacements due to similar issues). if they are not acknowledging a fault then im guessing they hav done nothing about it and still using the same techniques to manufacture. next time they may last even less. am i gonna go and buy another pair of polarised from oakley? i doubt it. would you? i actually bought some smith snow goggles last year (as well as owning oakley ones). and i prefer the smith. they are wicked.

If it's not Oakley, it's inferior. This is not opinion...this is fact. They make the best optics on the planet Period. The lifespan of lenses depends on how you take care of them. I know you said you took great care of them, but here we are. You've been wearing Oakley for 10 years you said? Now, because of 1 pair of lenses, your all anti-Oakley. If the lenses were new or under a year old, this might be different. But over 2 years? Come'on

some people just cant take the blame especially if it is their fault.

you say within reason? 2 yrs is not within reason? to me it just sounds like you want something for nothing

I used this analogy at work today. Let's say you buy a car and it has a warranty, but you scratch the door after opening it into something. You aren't gonna try to take it back to the dealer and ask if it's covered under warranty right?

Same goes for your sunglasses, why should Oakley be responsible because you didn't take care of your stuff? If it was a manufacturer defect chances are it would've had the issue before the one year warranty ended.

I am not the original poster. I have not given up on Oakley However the difference between 2007 O and current O has pushed me away ..financially its for the best...East Coast may be different in their tastes The average Sunglass buyer-not collector goes in to the O store for wraps or wires..Minutes-deleted ,SJ next to go ,MD on the way out..half Jacket..I have heard dozens of complaints from other customers abt the styles that either in fit or look are too darn big...look in a Yankees or red Sox crowd..I think I have seen 1 antix at a game but people are craving the old Oakley too..we can have both and for the person who called Unknown ****..well it is 1 of my favorite frames...different strokes I still watch the O page and read the forums..hopefully there will be a minute 3.0 and SJ 3.0. And it used to be the telesales people were a lot less formulaic in their responses and genuinely tried to help out..now they tell me things like Pit Bull fits like MD Exactly-wrong, Ten is replacement for Minutes in size- way wrong. we'll see what happens

oakleynomor said:
however i noticed a strange flacking of the coating of the lenses. i investigated this on the net and found that other people had had this issue.

For future reference this issue is called de-lamination. Its actually an issue that not only Oakley has but nearly any brand out there that makes a poly carbonate lens. Its caused usually by normal wear and tear of poly lenses but worsens with any hair product or even the salt that is in sweat that nearly every human being produces. Unless you get a glass lens in your half jackets... Which is impossible... Its something that just happens. On another not that you had said about Oakley not making and effort, they actually have. The hydrophobic coating that they put on nearly all their lenses now sheds all forms of liquids and helps with keeping de-lamination from happening. Bashing a great brand that you thoroughly enjoyed for 10+ years just seems odd due to one semi bad experience. Just my thoughts on the matter.

SJ's info 3 separate telesales/CS people... local O store has stopped restocking OCP parts for SJ..timeline I have heard is 2-4 months

OFather said:
If it's not Oakley, it's inferior. This is not opinion...this is fact. They make the best optics on the planet Period.

Tell this to the fishing community where COSTA is GOD
The first thing out of any "Should I get O or C" thread is Oalkey scratch too easy and Costa glass is superior.
Yet Ive read of many instances of Costa glass breakage.

Latest Posts

Back