• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A couple metal questions...

Oaks 'Between The Hedges'

The OF Boogeyman 👹
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Okay first off, please forgive my metal ignorance. Now that that's out of the way....I'm curious how are you supposed to refer to the x-metal xx verbally. Do you say "x x" or do you call it "x-metal twenty?" Also, what are t-shocks and why are there different numbers?

I say X X. T Shocks allow you to customize how tight the ear stems "squeeze" your head. Higher the # tighter the fit.

i have always called it a 'double ex' but there are probably 101 (maybe not that many) ways of pronouncing it. sometimes people refer to them as 'a' xx and other times 'an' xx which indicates different pronunciations....

sorry i cant be more definitive but i dont think there will be a definitive answer....

Sent from my Nokia 5210 using TapaTalk

Because Oakley essentially made an omatter frame called the "Twenty" they stamped the nosebridge with the Roman numeral " XX "which refers to the number 20. The X Metal XX is referred as "X Metal XX" only because asking for XX parts is distinct as to which one you want parts for.

Sent from my X Metal iPhone

I've always said "ex ex" and others I've met have said the same (except for some random guy once who recognized the pair I was wearing and asked me about them, hesitantly calling them "twenties").

And yes the "XX twenties" or "twenties" typically refers to the o-matter XX, at least among the enthusiasts.

We could start a new trend, though, and begin referring to them as "Dos Equis"... That's what a friend of mine calls his 2nd ex-wife, to differentiate from his 1st ex-wife... when his 3rd wife becomes an ex, she'll be "triple X"...

I have a pair of o-matter twenties and that's what I refer to them as. I figured it was "ex ex" for the metals to help differentiate.

Latest Posts

Back