• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A Deal Between Me And Someone In Ebay...Advice Please..

Hello,

If you did not contact the seller before hand to confirm if they would or wouldn't ship to your country then, for me, you can't then blame them from backing out of the deal as you do not meet their terms of sale. To then threaten them with negative feedback is petty and wrong. If you knew they didn't ship to your country you shouldn't have bid or, like I said, at least contacted them before bidding to explain that you have a US shipping address.

Are secondary addresses confirmed? To meet PayPal protection policy you have to ship to a confirmed address. I can't say for certain why they backed out of the deal but, unfortunately, Indonesia does have a bad reputation for scams, wrongly in my opinion but the eBay forums are filled with stories of it, so maybe they were uncomfortable and backed out. I think you should just walk away from the deal, you can't make the seller sell them to you, or threaten them with negative feedback.

Personally, I wouldn't cut and paste your messages here. For me, they are private between you and the seller. You can explain the situation on this forum but not paste the actual messages. I regard them the same as a PM on here, something that should stay private.

First problem... it appears you did not ask about shipping internationally before the auction ended. Secondly.... when you paid, is the US shipping address confirmed on your Paypal account and did you use it when you paid? If you had used your confirmed US address on the Paypal payment it shouldn't matter but from the conversation it doesn't sound like you did. If you had done so there would not have been a long drawn out conversation about international shipping to begin with.

Sorry man but on what I see above this one falls on you and your lack of getting this straightened out before the auction was over.

Sorry, but he's not obligated to send you the item. He's not shipping because it would be too easy for you to claim you never received the item and Paypal would then make the seller refund your money. You can dispute the transaction cancellation in the resolutions section in "My eBay," where if you claim that you are not asking for International shipping the seller won't get his eBay fees refunded, but still, I don't think you'll be getting the item. The seller is only trying to protect himself from being scammed and he did clearly state US shipping only so I think you should give up. The only chance you have is if you contact him and offer to pay Western Union instead, which would mean you'd be taking the risk of being scammed off of him and placing on yourself.

i agree with what others have said.

Honestly, for you or anybody else for that matter, to be saying you will leave negative feedback almost like a threat is pretty low. I guess he had the right to back out.

I went back and looked at the auction, 3 days before it ended is huge letter it says no international shipping.

On a side note I bid on these and watched up until the end, was curious what they were worth.

I understand your frustration with having a plan to ship to a US address but I have ran into this several times selling on ebay too and i completely understand the sellers frusteration. As others have stated, anytime you see "no international shipping" on an auction it is a good idea to contact the seller before bidding and "ok" thigns with him/her. It is frusterating as a seller to have to cancel bids/relist items because international bidders do not follow the auction instructions.

Tq for the input...learn a lot from this case....
Why I cut n paste is, I just want to try 2 b honest with prove..
But tq very much for the input

all....

Really appreciate with ur input n suggestions..
I learn a lot from this case..n yes I will try even better in d future.
I admit, I miss to contact to ask the seller before the auction was end..it was a learning for the next.
And when I made the payment with my primary address,it appear with "the worldwide standard international shipping" without a "ask seller for a total shipping quotes", so I think its legit to just click it away.
And he came back with the nice offer to accomodate me...which is I am very glad to hear that...

I am really frustrated since,he gave me a good kind of offer, then he draw it back in sudden....u know, its feel like having an interupted orgasm.....lol
An i asked him what is his concrn while trying to have a communication and fulfil what is exactly what his concern n try to accomodate that..Without being respons by him at all...so I do not have an idea..what really is his concern....??
Anyway...u r right...I am better off...and find another pair from another seller..
Not worth fighting for.

Tq for input n suggestions....means a lot

Back