• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A Few Background Questions

dave m

Oakley Enthusiast
I've been reading through some old threads, it made me think of my first pairs what made me buy them etc so I thought i'd ask you all the same thing.

What was your first pair?
Why did you buy oakleys?

I never really thought of oakley as a fashion company, I wore them because they were different, robust, had an excellent warranty policy and I took both a cricket ball to the face while slip fielding then a tennis ball some months later while teaching and the m frames stood up to it all.Looking at the current line up of frames and products they don't seem as "edgy" as they were, I see a lot more made of lifestyle ranges, what's your thoughts on that?
Dragon, sunglasses, I read somewhere that they were set up as a sister company to oakley, is that true?(does anyone know?)

Finally we had bolle sunnies through the tennis coach union really good prices but they never felt as good and i lost count of the amount of times a lense would fall out while I was running. Only sunglasses i've tried that were not oakleys since about 1992 ish when i got my first ones, any one else bought others?
thanks all

After using the search function and not seeing it i did a google search and read the "why we collect" one but it was listed through a board reader site without i'ds so didn't realise it was through this.Ta for those.

Is what i was told and read a bit on dragon true?A sales rep from a store at the lbv shop centre in Orlando told me that oakley decided nobody cool was wearing their stuff without paying them loads of money so they set dragon up to catch the youth market,It would fit and there are a lot of styleistic cross overs, though that could be as they are owned within the same group?

After using the search function and not seeing it i did a google search and read the "why we collect" one but it was listed through a board reader site without i'ds so didn't realise it was through this.Ta for those.

Is what i was told and read a bit on dragon true?A sales rep from a store at the lbv shop centre in Orlando told me that oakley decided nobody cool was wearing their stuff without paying them loads of money so they set dragon up to catch the youth market,It would fit and there are a lot of styleistic cross overs, though that could be as they are owned within the same group?

The point we're trying to make here is that all your questions have already been addressed in threads.

I found the "your first pair" thread just 3 pages back.

Please search before making threads. :wink:

I also noticed I just hit 5000!

Latest Posts

Back