1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Oakster

Oakster Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

I've been pretty quiet lately with my pickups as I'm really working on Flores so I haven't had much for extra funds. Yesterday was a bit of an anomaly as I had just a great day.

The best part of yesterday wasn't necessarily the goods, but I met a couple other great collectors in the area, plus pretty much everything I picked up - I sold to them!! One has a brother that's an OF member.

The cases are funny as I purchased brother towers and cubes from actual brothers in real life. I love symmetry so having 2 towers and 2 cubes is WAY better that one of each. The Plates are awesome - now I'll have to complete the set. And the XX are the blood skulls. I have the straight jackets already so these are a great add.

Then the Fluoro kits! These were not necessarily a holy grail for me, but something I really regretted not having. I worked at the only store in our province that got them, but that was before my collector's days. Finding a complete set, all with tags, from a guy who I sold them to a 9 years ago was really really cool.

It was a long day yesterday with 8 hours of work plus 7 hours of driving, but it was really what Oakley collecting was about. Finding some cool stuff you really like and meeting some great people!

A Great Scavenger Hut - 73BEE413-955B-4F4E-B826-9B5447EC3F23-21281-000005E6E3014CE7_zps4d8dec96.jpg
    A Great Scavenger Hut - 2ECEBD7A-F8BF-425F-9A86-4197B4D3A369-21281-000005E6F179B529_zpscd8160d6.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakle y

Oakle y Something Something Darkside Premium Member Lifetime Member

Awesome pickups bud. I love the fluoro packs, they are so retro. Can I please see a picture of you rocking the finger bands. I think people would pay to see that.

3. Teetogreen

Teetogreen Oakley Collector

Grat towers, pick-ups.

4. Oakster

I'll just use the fingerbands for the twins as wristbands.

5. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

Were those Fluoro lacks on EBay, do you know? I know someone had them listed multiple times from Canada and I always had them in my watch list.......just could never pull the trigger.

6. Oakster

Yep. The price in my opinion was actually pretty fair. I think he shot himself in the foot using stock photos and the shipping charges being to high. I paid his starting bid minus the fees and shipping. I'm really excited to have them as they're such a neat display item... I really hope in May I can spend some time prepping and painting the new space and getting everything up again. All I have on display right now are my 2 stretch cases, but at least they have all of my favorite stuff in them!

7. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

I agree the price seemed fair but the $150 shipping charge turned me off a bit.

8. Oakle y

Oakle y Something Something Darkside Premium Member Lifetime Member

That's awesome.