• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A Herbsley "Holy Grail" Is Heading His Way

Herbsley

Steadily Retiring
Durham, UK
Regular readers might recognise me as a bit of a Hijinx fan.

Given that is the case, there are obviously some 'must have' pairs that are in my collection (e.g. Soviet, Pimple, Propaganda, Kozik, Chantry, Stussy, a Dr Chop, etc etc), but what would I consider my Hijinx 'holy grails'?

Obviously there are some that are perhaps just beyond anyone's reasonable reach in a lifetime. I am thinking the hand-painted Flying Tigers, the White Text (that I believe some lucky sod on here bought off WalkerHonda a couple of years ago) to name but two. Really special editions, then, that the current owners will probably never sell on.

Then there are random editions like the 'Super F', and the odd 'Grab Bag' edition, but they are not really super special to me. Nice icons though.

However, occasionally you get the chance to buy something special and limited like a 'Who Is This Kid' (until everyone bought one recently when Oakley released more) which actually fills you with excitement when you open the packaging.

There is one such release that I am finally getting my hands on . . . . to be revealed when it lands on my doormat in a few days' time.

It's not often that I get really, and I mean REALLY, excited about receiving an Oakley parcel (probably the WITK and the Stussy were the last ones). But man, I can't wait for this one . . . .

Pics to follow, needless to say. ;)

Actually mate, it was not that pair. It was a legit Shadow Camo DC9 from a guy in Italy.

(I saw the Polished Black pair you are referring to as well, but they are not an official release - no SKU - so I'm a bit suspicious of them).

You got excited when the Stussy arrived? Ha! I'm glad to have played a part in that! Used to have Cisse Oil Drum, but the Hijinx is so much sweeter!

I know Jono - I'm still kicking myself for not picking up your Cisse Oil Drum. You had it at a crazy low price too, as I recall.

And yeah, I did get excited for the Stussy!
It's such a classic pair - great packaging, micro-bag, etching, and a really subtly understated pair. Still one of my favourites.
Cos you know me, I'm all about subtle understatement.
<ahem>

:blush:

heh heh heh

Nothing gets past Detective Rustpot.
I just went on O-Review, popped over to the Hijinx list and started looking at what was there. Crossed a few off that were boring or I knew you had. Got to the bottom and there's a Cissé pair. I know nothing about them, but they looked pretty sweet.

Sorry if I ruined the surprise.

Back