• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A Lot Of Hype About A MLB Debut...

del518

I have a few pair.....
Upstate New York
Bryce Harper (19 years old) makes his debut tonight for the Nationals. He is suppose to be the "next big thing" in baseball. I hope he does well as it will be good for the game.

LOL...I saw him do some take some practice in the outfield...but I coulnd't tell what he was wearing...but he definitely had some shades on. Nike, probably has him locked up already.

He had a nice game for his debut, decent at the plate and made a nice throw that should have been a put-out had the catcher held on.

Widely regarded as much of a phoenom as a DB, he's just a 19 year old kid fast-tracked to where he is now. He is a work in progress as we all are.

I don't know his family financial status (and I believe that it is OK), but it's a huge risk to take to bet the farm on a MLB career. At this point he has nothing to fall back on but his athletic skills.

Good luck, kid!

I dont know anything about the kid you are referring to but.... Let me see if I get this right.... my step dads grandson was drafted as a pitcher right out of high school, part of his draft deal was if the baseball didnt work out within so many years he had a 4 year ride to college. Im sure many of the ones drafted early get some sort of schooling incentive.

... my step dads grandson was drafted as a pitcher right out of high school, part of his draft deal was if the baseball didnt work out within so many years he had a 4 year ride to college. Im sure many of the ones drafted early get some sort of schooling incentive.

It all depends on the contract that you negotiate. Savvy players, or ones with competent advisors, have a contract written that affords them the opportunity to pursue a degree (expenses paid) after their baseball career is over.

LOL...I saw him do some take some practice in the outfield...but I coulnd't tell what he was wearing...but he definitely had some shades on. Nike, probably has him locked up already.
Under Armour has a contract with him, i can just about tell you forsure that theyre under armours.

on another note, the kids supposed to be a catcher. hes better than the nats current one, and harper uses the absolute biggest, heaviest bats on the planet. he use a 44oz./ 35in. one in some cages around D.C., and was absolutely ripping

Back