• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A madder madman?

Am I right in thinking that the darker O Matter bits are translucent @kronin323 ?

Yeah they're a little translucent. Also the screw heads on the carbon frame are black, but just the heads, not the threads.

I've been hoping that the o-matter pieces, or at least the nosebridge, will be considered "wear" items and will eventually be available as replacement parts. In which case we can replace clear pieces with dark pieces. But I'm also afraid they won't be, will only be "repaired" under warranty by shipping them in. We'll see...

20150301_222647.jpg

This one is a bit Madder... Polished Frame and Carbon O's.. Polished temples and Nose Bridge..

Seems like the carbon / ruby colorway has been most popular. It's the one that first caught my eye, but with everybody getting that one it'll be pretty common. And I think the all-black frame is a little boring...

While the plasma/fire one looks pretty cool, but the clear o-matter parts don't provide as much contrast, looks better with the dark o-matter like in the XRaw. So...

Before:

View attachment 132168

After:

View attachment 132170

View attachment 132171

View attachment 132172

And there you have it. The first (AFAIK) XRaw clone, one that I can wear without any fear. And a carbon/ruby that stands out (for better or worse) from the pack.

And being just a simple parts swap, I can always put them back to OEM if I want to.

:newrussian:
Well done, you madman!

That makes one of me! I really like the clear nose bridge. I wanted a polished Plazma with the Clear nose bridge and red earsocks. The Plazma refuses to come down to my price point, so along I go, dreaming of my Polished Plazma Custom. I wish that Lux would fess up and admit that the spring hinges are a failure, but they won't.
I hate it when companies build a weak point and put it on a Technical Service Bulletin instead of a recall. They couldmprobably make a hinge that works for $5 each. All of us die hard Oakley fans and they refuse to do the right thing for people who are died in the woll fans. We would even buy the hinges and install them ourselves, but evenTHAT is too much fmor them. They would hacve to admit that they made a piece of poo.

Latest Posts

Back