1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. iamFLIP

iamFLIP [{#%^*+_\|~<>?!$&@}] Premium Member

It came in over the weekend...

So I finally pulled the trigger and traded a sealed and very hard-to-find LEGO set for an Oakley watch.
    I bought the LEGO set for $150 about 3 years ago and it currently valued at about $1,200.
    The watch is brand new and band hasn't been adjusted yet.
    I just wished it came in a better case though.
    And the watch is a little to big for my wrist but I'll wear it anyway.

A new daily-wearer, my first (and probably the only) Oakley watch - IMG_8813.JPG

A new daily-wearer, my first (and probably the only) Oakley watch - IMG_8814.JPG

A new daily-wearer, my first (and probably the only) Oakley watch - IMG_8811.JPG

Brett28, Leo6494, Batman_1939 and 6 others like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

That's a crazy return on your money for the Lego set.

I'm starting to consider buying up all the Lego sets and hiding them away forever now. :p

But beautiful watch. :D

Congrats!!!

Uluahunter likes this.
  3. Dantes

Dantes Oakley Expert

Congratulations. I had no idea a LEGO set could be valued at $1200... that's insane.

4. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Awesome watch! What lego set was it?

5. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

Nice watch,

6. iamFLIP

iamFLIP [{#%^*+_\|~<>?!$&@}] Premium Member

This one...

A new daily-wearer, my first (and probably the only) Oakley watch - 61Rf-NCLpjL.jpg

On the picture below, the set on the top-left (dark red and tan) is about $1900 BNIB. The next one (light blue and white) is about $1500.
    The Tie Fighter Advance $500. And the Millennium Falcon $3,500 (msrp was $500). Used/built/displayed ones are about 10%-20% less.

@OakleyFrankFMJ However, like any type of investments, nothing is guaranteed. Only few sets are sought-after by collectors
    Most will hardly appreciate in value, the worst you can do is break-even.

A new daily-wearer, my first (and probably the only) Oakley watch - IMG_8819.JPG

This picture shows just how big the millennium falcon compared to the others. 5,000+ pieces, and took me couple weeks to build.

A new daily-wearer, my first (and probably the only) Oakley watch - IMG_8692.JPG

Duke Nivram, BalboaH2O and CrazyALee like this.
  7. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Craaaaaazy

8. CrazyALee

CrazyALee Oakley Collector

congrats on the watch! I too, only have one oakley watch now and its the titanium gearbox. pretty much like yours but with the unobtanium band. I used to have a minute machine/time tank. That millenium falcon looks siiiiiiiiiick!!!

9. pistolpetefan23

pistolpetefan23 Oakley Expert Premium Member

Great looking watch, congrats. If you don't like it, I'll give you one of my kids' 50 piece LEGO sets so you can have your LEGO's back.

BalboaH2O likes this.
  10. mercat

mercat Oakley Enthusiast

Great collection there! I like the Oakley-Lego-Star Wars Collection!