• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A Non-Collectors "Collection"

yup, you DO NOT collect....that, sir, is called HOOOOARDING!!!!!:dance2:

Actually, this is more the hoarding aspect of my non-collection; ever since I learned they shutdown the X-Metal foundry, I try to pickup some "stock" here and there.

hoarding.jpg

Beautiful pairs and lens combinations! You've got great taste, and a stellar collection.

Great collection. Or is it not a collection? I'll go with collection.

My OCD is kicking in on the box shot though - one half of the split box top right is upside down!

In my post on the off-topic thread "what else do you collect", I differentiated between collections and accumulations, with criteria of which was which. This seems to dance the edge that could fall on either side, depending on how you interpret it...

Either way, impressive...:D

differentiated between collections and accumulations...depending on how you interpret it...

Yes, for me collecting is more goal oriented with a set agenda for completion and a sense of preservation, at least from the investment perspective. Where I tended to buy glasses to suit a function, that would be good for biking, skiing, etc. or that would be good for indoors or purely aesthetic, that build would be a cool color combination. So, in the end, after 20 years, I happened to amass a few

Last edited:
Back