1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. MJLSr

MJLSr Oakley Expert

I got these back from THE X-MAN and they are even more awesome than the preview pics [that were posted a few days ago]. I had to get these next to an XX 24K to try and show how very very close THE X-MAN was able to get to the stock 24K XX "Gold". (He just needs to work on that orbital color a little... I'M KIDDING!!! :lol: ... but seriously though... :grin:)

I intentionally used the flash - the shadows are true. I wanted to capture the subtle differences as best I could since the "Gold" on both pairs looks almost identical if not compared in direct and/or bright lighting. I also mixed them up so some pics have the XX on the top and others have the Penny on the top. I apologize for the smears on the lenses; I had recently applied some hydrophobic coating and did not clean it up as well as I could have before taking the pics (deal with it! :p).

Before the pics I have to say that it is really amazing to see all the anodizing, blasting, coating, painting, plating going on coming together in recent pairs - breathing new life into old favorites with a level of quality and style that honors what Oakley was when these pairs were born! :cool-20:

One more "Thanks" @THE X-MAN for this first and so far one of a kind!

Now on with the pics!

A Penny for your thoughts... - 16158001763_f13423c0a8_z.jpg A Penny for your thoughts... - 16776824471_2d433d0573_z.jpg A Penny for your thoughts... - 16591738399_3ab4c74fe1_z.jpg A Penny for your thoughts... - 16776779762_a100ef7bb9_z.jpg A Penny for your thoughts... - 16155611194_780966b429_z.jpg A Penny for your thoughts... - 16591625259_f8d269be3e_z.jpg A Penny for your thoughts... - 16155455484_a58fa33c9f_z.jpg

Vrexx, discostu, erap and 3 others like this.
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. ajirbl

ajirbl Oakley Enthusiast

that is an amazing color match. glad i can start wearing mine without worry now.

3. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

Still trying to capture the elusive 1st gen plasma color.i think its a mix between silver and white.

dragonvoi likes this.
  4. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Great stuff M&M!

5. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

Those look like a match made in heaven! Shout out to The X-Man on an outstanding job!

6. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

Thank you for the comparison pictures and congratulations on the custom penny! Excellent work to the X-MAN!!

7. GH4AU

GH4AU Carbon Fanatic Premium Member

That's a pretty damn good match. They look great!

8. OakleyFreak

OakleyFreak RIP RoTors

Sweet
    I may have to get this done on a Juliet

Carrera1963 likes this.
  9. MJLSr

MJLSr Oakley Expert

I had the same thought - for me this style of 24K is much more wearable than the bling bling that comes with the Juliet and X Squared 24K's. I have a few other mods in mind before I get that far down my list so if someone wants to jump on that I'd really like to see it - the more the merrier! :)

Carrera1963 likes this.
  10. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

Was thinking the same. I've toyed with the idea of sourcing an XX 24k and using the gold parts on a Juliet, but this would be a cheaper means to the same end.