• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A Photo Of You, And Your 1st Oakley Glasses

Not many people date back that far. I was born in the year you took that first photo. So my Oakley passion started in the 90's, and it wasn't until this millennium I owned a pair.

Not many people date back that far. I was born in the year you took that first photo. So my Oakley passion started in the 90's, and it wasn't until this millennium I owned a pair.
Oh Snap!

Man, you really know how to make a guy feel old.

:D

10915405543_4d45a73a60_z.jpg

I don't know that I have a pic with my first pair back when I got them, but I clearly remember that my first were a pair of black/black irridium "New" Eye Jackets that I bought in about 1996. I wore them daily for the better part of a decade, until the lenses started delaminating and looking terrible. I actually tossed them in a drawer and all but forgot about them until a month or so ago when I pulled them out, cleaned them up and popped some aftermarket blue lenses into them. I don't wear them much, but it's nice to still have them on my shelf.

I've been wanting another pair for many years, so I'm very excited about them being re-released.

I'm getting a pair or two for sure this time.

Ive managed to find 5 pairs in the last few weeks!

Seems they go for a lot more over in the US!

I got a pair, Black with Standard Grey lens in near perfect condition with original foam and both sets of ear stems for £20!! They were marked as womens Oakley so they went under the radar it seems :) I also got a pair of 2010 Red/Black with Fire Iridium.. The 80's Eyeshades do seem better quality, imo. I could keep my eyes peeld on UK ebay if you like?? :)

Back