• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A question about bronze based lenses

Meh

Oakley Expert
I'm considering buying some bronze based lenses and am wondering about how they compare to each other. I have a tungsten pair for reference. So how do the bronze hues for gold, 24k, tungsten, and titanium compare to each other? I know that the light trans % is different so it may be a tough comparison because of that. Which ones are more neutral and which ones are more contrast?

I have gold, 24k and tungsten. 24k is the 'lightest' lens looking through. The difference between gold and tungsten is the iridium coating I would say. Tungsten on the outside looks more brown while gold has a little bit more yellow to resemble gold. Looking through them is basically the same to me.

Agreed @thisguy.
Titanium is just slightly less brown than tungsten, and tends to even out colours slightly more.
Gold, to my eye, gives the best contrast, with the sharpest definition between colours, and is by far the best to look at.

Latest Posts

Back