1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Meh

Meh Oakley Beginner

I'm considering buying some bronze based lenses and am wondering about how they compare to each other. I have a tungsten pair for reference. So how do the bronze hues for gold, 24k, tungsten, and titanium compare to each other? I know that the light trans % is different so it may be a tough comparison because of that. Which ones are more neutral and which ones are more contrast?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. thisguy

thisguy Oakley Expert

I have gold, 24k and tungsten. 24k is the 'lightest' lens looking through. The difference between gold and tungsten is the iridium coating I would say. Tungsten on the outside looks more brown while gold has a little bit more yellow to resemble gold. Looking through them is basically the same to me.

flyer likes this.
  3. flyer

flyer Oakley Expert

Agreed @thisguy.
    Titanium is just slightly less brown than tungsten, and tends to even out colours slightly more.
    Gold, to my eye, gives the best contrast, with the sharpest definition between colours, and is by far the best to look at.

thisguy likes this.
  4. DKO

DKO Oakley Enthusiast

I personally think Titanium is a little more brown hue and Tungsten a lighter yellow amber.

5. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member