• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A rare sight...

saulsaul

I am Jim Jannard...
Tokyo
Not so recent, but worth sharing. How many Forum members are there with these two, apart from me, @Carrera1963 and @dragonvoi , I wonder?

Beautiful Japan exclusives.

JP series: JP for Japan, then PL for plasma or PO for polished.

JPPL 12-623 (plasma)
JPPO 12-624 (polished)

Both have the rare Titanium Clear lens. Super stylish. Not that practical unless you want to take the edge off the glare on an overcast and rainy day. But who would wear pieces this rare?

Originally rumored to be limited to 2,000 each, there have been sightings of serials higher than that, but none (as far as I know over 2,500). They come up from time-to-time here in Japan, but rarely full set matching.

I'd love to know the full story behind these... What motivated Oakley to produce them? Was there a specific sport or celebrity in mind? Japanese wear sunglasses much less than western countries and typically go for higher transmission lenses, so maybe that was the main reason. They must have already had the Ichiro connection in mind... was this in any way connected?

Share what you know and please add your serials and pics so this can be the official 'JPPL/JPPO' owners thread. I'm not going to keep mine and one is already on my sale thread, but this isn't a plug. I always wanted to own these and have loved admiring them in person. But I only keep long-term what I wear regularly which, as most know by know, is typically an XX Xmetal (that was a plug - PM me if you have one you don't need!)

Enough, here are the pics.

IMG_1033.JPG
IMG_1034.JPG
IMG_1035.JPG

There were a couple threads on the O Review about the Japan Ti Clear Juliets. They discussed it when it as first released, so O Review is always your best bet for these older items.

great thread idea! I have to dig mine up to get you serials. i am pretty sure they are under 2k as well.

one thing of note on these pairs, and i still have to confirm it, but i thing the etching of the serial was a bit different that most others. Also I though the JP was "Juliet Prescription" in the serial, i have to find my source for that, i can't remember, but it seems possible. After all, most Juliets start with a J.

great thread idea! I have to dig mine up to get you serials. i am pretty sure they are under 2k as well.

one thing of note on these pairs, and i still have to confirm it, but i thing the etching of the serial was a bit different that most others. Also I though the JP was "Juliet Prescription" in the serial, i have to find my source for that, i can't remember, but it seems possible. After all, most Juliets start with a J.
Equally, it was an edition specific to Japan, which contains J and p. And why would a prescription Juliet be unique to Japan?

Back