• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A-Rod Is Suing MLB And MLBPA Over His Suspension And The Cubbies Have A Mascot.

That is such a lame mascot. The Philly Phanatic is the best mascot in sports. I also love wally. The Phillies are my favorite team but the sox are a close second, as I go on a trip to Boston every year to see a game at Fenway.

The Cubs fans deserve so much better. The Cubs fans are the only fans in baseball that have dealt wit more futility than the Philly fans. Boston and Philly have each won a WS in the last decade, Beantown two of them after the 86 year drought. The Cubbie fans will go nuts when the Cubs hoist that trophy for the first time in more than a hundred years. Hopefully it will happen soon for them. Such a storied organization with a very loyal fan base

Maybe the Cubs should concentrate on putting a team on the field rather than this useless mascot. And they need a new ball park, maybe by Rosemont when they had the chance. That field is such a mess to get to & if they ever get good and start packing Wrigley, it's going to be even more of a mess. I'm gonna stop my Cub rant now before I get upset :lol:

Tearing down Wrigley would be almost a great a tragedy as tearing down Fenway. The timeless ballparks that haven't been replaced by monstrous stadiums are an excellent and whimsical example of just one of the many things that separate baseball from every other professional sport and make it that much more special.

I didn't say tear it down, I just said move the team. That stadium, besides the fact of the age and historical value, it a complete dump. I went to Miller Park a hand full of times (where the Brewers play) and it's incredible. Most of all, it's so simple to get in and out of and parking is right there; you can even tailgate. As much money as the Cubs generate, even now that they completely suck, they should have NO problem building a new, more accessible stadium. I get so sick of hearing the "Oh, Wrigley is an teh best in the whole world!!!ONE!!11"

Time to move on, adding some huge, totally outta place screens in the outfield is such a waste of money.

Tearing down Wrigley would be almost a great a tragedy as tearing down Fenway. The timeless ballparks that haven't been replaced by monstrous stadiums are an excellent and whimsical example of just one of the many things that separate baseball from every other professional sport and make it that much more special.

Well said!

Moving the team is synonymous with tearing the field down. Ebbets field met the wrecking ball when the dodgers moved to LA, the Polo Grounds met a similar fate when the NY Giants jumped ship for San Fran, Shibe Park in PA is gone, and the House that Ruth Built no longer stands. Wrigley is probably the reason why people even bother going to the games, lord knows the Cubs themselves aren't! I was born and raised a Red Sox fan and I get tingles ever time I watch a game at Fenway because there are more amazing moments in the lyric little bandbox than I can possibly cram into my skull. I'm a baseball purist, and elbowing your way through happy drunks and getting beer spilled on you and high fiving people youve never met before while standing up b/c the seats are too small and uncomfortable, well that's just what makes baseball baseball.

Very well said

Except one part...

He agreed to go to arbitration; he can hack the consequences. Personally I'm sick of the soap opera this has turned into. Very rich men are quibbling over sums of money larger than I can imagine while minor leaguers are living on a steady diet of PB+J, ramen, and fast food. MLB needs to clean up its act and if it was me in Bud Selig's seat, A Rod would never step on a baseball field again. It happened to Pete Rose for tilting the odds one way, why shouldn't it happen to PED-users for tilting them the other?

Pete Rose never tilted any odds. He always bet ON his team, never against. Every manager in baseball should have the confidence in his team and a little extra motivation to win. Big PR14 supporter. A-Rod and the rest of the steroid stars should be on a permanent tour with the band.

My apologies. My point was simply that Pete Rose committed what was then and is now considered a baseball sin and was excommunicated for, while users like Rodriguez still reap the benefits of the system. Rose's transgression, in my book, was far less foul (pardon the pun) than that of Rodriguez, and yet our ALL TIME HITS LEADER (hits that we have no reason to believe were obtained illegitimately) is frozen out of his place in the hall while PED users get to keep playing and break records set by clean players.

Wrigley can never go and the Cubs have to play there. Just like Fenway it is too iconic of a ballpark to get rid of it. Also the Cubs playing in a new park and letting Wrigley sit dormant just hosting tours or something would be wrong. Even though its old and it may not have all the comforts of a new park, its a legendary park and the tradition has to continue

Back