• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A visual definition of X-Metal

image.jpg

Define "really fast"... I type at about a medium speaking speed, so the time it takes one to read my posts is about the same time it took me to type it... though I obsessively proofread... :D
Between 60-85 WPM easily if I keep my mind in one place. I used to be faster.

I haven't actually taken a WPM test since middle school (way back in the mid '80s) so I can't really say apples-for-apples, but it sounds comparable...

Though I remember those tests as being copying another typed text, instead of transcribing original thought, so I don't know how much of a difference that makes...

That kind of speed on a touch screen phone is pretty fast. I'm probably in the 50's or so if I proof read as I go, faster if I try to let the keyboard correct things but then I have to re-read it a few times to work out the kinks.

It looks like the masses are speaking and they are loving it.

I never doubted that from the 'masses'; especially considering some of the crap Oakley [and most of the other Sunglass manufacturers] have released in recent years. When you compare really really good junk to the regular same old junk the really really good junk is, well - really really good - remarkably better than the regular junk! :p

I am confident that, compared to other products available and 'the norm', these will be quite lovable to many. I am not so sure that group will include those of us who are used to a higher quality and more durable product - that has been my position. Maybe our standards are high in a world that cuts corners? Maybe some have too much of a bias? To me this is not just about the X-Metal family branding to whatever extent Oakley takes it. It is about a quality product that is worthy of having "more than just one" [if worth having at all]. A product that will withstand the test of time, or at least last longer than the average pair when treated with equal care. I think my expectations are reasonable with regards to ANY product in the X-Metal family ;). The Badman and Madman need to live up to that to inherit that branding in my mind. That said, we know for a fact that quality has already been compromised in other ways. I brought up the point about the lenses again recently (probably in a different thread?) and from the raw materials used there is no contest.

At the end of the day I will likely have at least once of each long term. Part of me still hopes I want 'more than just one', while another part reserving judgement until I can wear them both and spend enough time to make my own informed decision - as we all should... make... our... own... decisions... we'll see ;)

Last edited:
All this talk about the new 'Metal and such
Seems to confuse and annoy some of us very much
So I thought to myself I could share my definition right quick
Just by sharing a really good pic
So here you go - this is what I see
When I close my eyes, what X-Metal should be...

View attachment 128927 View attachment 128929 View attachment 128930 View attachment 128926 View attachment 128928

For those that care to know what it is that I show...
...an XX Plasma with Chrome polars screams of the X-Metal I know :cool-20:

So what do you see when you think of X-Metal?
A logo?
An icon?
Something different all together?
Please share your pics
Let our eyes do the talking
And leave out the words
Between the lines we are walking

:)

What a nice poem!! Really good piece.

Well, XX is on my only frame now, x metal. I love the feeling of touching, the texture, just a personal issues polished seem too new and not classic at all. Also, it helps putting my hair on top of the head in addition to protect my eyes from the sun when I drive to work right in that direction .. hehehe...

My boss, Daisuke, he collect more than 20 X Metal, and he loves Penny, Romeo 1.

Back