• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

A word of thanks to some of our new members.

• Thread starter digi7alph0enix
  • Start date
D

digi7alph0enix

I've noticed more and more lately that new members are joining and choosing to sign up for Premium Membership.

Thank you!

It's great to see this site get the support it deserves from people who will eventually help shape what it becomes. Keep it up guys! Stick around and get to know us! ( Except @OakleyFrankFMJ )

P.S.- I am in no way responsible for this site or its great community of members, that would be @OakleyBoss and co., but as a former webmaster I know the costs of running a website of this size can be outrageous and every little bit helps. I'm sure your contributions are greatly appreciated.

I've noticed more and more lately that new members are joining and choosing to sign up for Premium Membership.

Thank you!

It's great to see this site get the support it deserves from people who will eventually help shape what it becomes. Keep it up guys! Stick around and get to know us! ( Except @OakleyFrankFMJ )

P.S.- I am in no way responsible for this site or its great community of members, that would be @OakleyBoss and co., but as a former webmaster I know the costs of running a website of this size can be outrageous and every little bit helps. I'm sure your contributions are greatly appreciated.
Very well said. I totally agree about that Oakleyfrank guy. Watch out for him. :rofl:

It's great to see this site get the support it deserves from people who will eventually help shape what it becomes. Keep it up guys! Stick around and get to know us!
I joined a couple of months ago and I was planning on becoming a Premium member within a year. However my experience here has been so positive that I decided to become a Premium Member today. Happy to be part of this Oakley Family. No matter where we live and what separates us in terms of cultural background, religion, race, sexual orientation, etc etc here we are United in our love for Oakley and we are a Family. So yeah, I am happy to be part of this family and becoming a Premium Member is my way of showing my support. CARPE DIEM!

Yeah, didn't feel the need to be a premium member. but as above noted, it is a small way of giving back.

Thank you!

I've said it in the past. Funny thing is people are quick to make a buck or buy pairs off the forum but not give a small donation in the form of the premium membership.

Funny thing is people are quick to make a buck or buy pairs off the forum but not give a small donation in the form of the premium membership.
I agree. I dont expect new members to become Premium Members right away but if you visit the Forum frequently and you like it and you are selling and buying and saving some money in the process you should consider a Premium Membership to show your support. :)

I've said it in the past. Funny thing is people are quick to make a buck or buy pairs off the forum but not give a small donation in the form of the premium membership.
I resisted for a long time. Not that I felt I didn't want to, just that I'm not here to buy and sell primarily and being a premium member wasn't on my radar.

Then some knob of a newbie gave me guff for not being a premium member during some heated discussion. As if I was a second class citizen or a leach unto this community, that my contribution and opinion mattered less than others who had paid to have their voice heard. It really stung, not that the Internet can cause me all that much grief, but that my presence here and not having that green bar somehow meant I was less a part of this community than some jagoff that paid to be part of it. I felt my contributions in helping and providing information, reviews, insight, was enough to be a valued member. But I realized new people don't see the years and posts, coaching people and being an asset here.

I don't really pay it much mind. But to me it almost feels like a Scarlet Letter.

I resisted for a long time. Not that I felt I didn't want to, just that I'm not here to buy and sell primarily and being a premium member wasn't on my radar.

Then some knob of a newbie gave me guff for not being a premium member during some heated discussion. As if I was a second class citizen or a leach unto this community, that my contribution and opinion mattered less than others who had paid to have their voice heard. It really stung, not that the Internet can cause me all that much grief, but that my presence here and not having that green bar somehow meant I was less a part of this community than some jagoff that paid to be part of it. I felt my contributions in helping and providing information, reviews, insight, was enough to be a valued member. But I realized new people don't see the years and posts, coaching people and being an asset here.

I don't really pay it much mind. But to me it almost feels like a Scarlet Letter.
I can see that. Once I really got involved on forum I upped myself to the membership. And I use the exchange a lot so was least I could do to help out

Back