• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

? About Perscription Lenses For Juliet

Crzpilot

Oakley Enthusiast
MIZZOU
Hey guys,

Anyone have any prescription lenses on their juliets? or anyone have any info on how/who does this? Thx

Any optometrist will do them just bring in your frames. They did a few for me. Plus they can make sure they measure your pupils to get maximum use of the RX. Lens Crafters did mine.

Make sure you have your RX and its current. Eye exam is usually good before they cut them. Pulse you can make sure the strength is correct

Xmetalmaniac,

what type of lenses do they cut from and can they do custom colors i.e. ice or ruby colors? Thx

On a similar but topic,

What base lenses do you buy to have custom cut for non rx lenses for your juliets or xsquared or xx's. If i want oakley which ones should I get?

Oh maniac...I know luxottica owns lenscrafters but really you could find an independent to use. There are many colors to choose from and mirrors as well. Mirror coatings fluctuate colors from Oakley. The deposition process is tricky to get the same results in the same batch being coated, especially the ruby colors. The industry uses different terms for colors...like everything else Oakley decided to rename/rebrand things that are common to make them sound unique. don't get me wrong some things are definitely unique. I've looked into a PVD machine but I don't think there are enought Oakley collectors to warrant the expense of a couple hundred grand. There are cheaper machines but they produce the same quality as cheap sunglass lenses.. Maybe a good machine will show up for sale soon. Too many solar panel wanna bes buying up everything in sight, I'm still looking...

I got mine rx lenses when Oakley use to do them. I went to Planet Eyewear, who sent them to Oakley. It was $300 for the lens. Super expensive, making my Juliet's worth close to $1000 =]

Oakley still do them, I have transitions I think with emerald in mine, got them the end of last year, most places here in the UK won't touch them themselves.

Oakley's rx program is really in line with the industry. Custom products are always more expensive that products that are universally useful. Ask a jeweler to build you a ring versus picking one that was massed produced. A Rx lens has no chance of being useful again.

Latest Posts

Back