• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

about sample/non-serialized Copper Penny

cruelmoves

Oakley Beginner
Premium Member
Brazil
Hello friends, it's a pleasure to be part of the forum, recently a very good opportunity appeared, a non-serialized penny copper that could possibly be a sample (the seller informed me that it was a sample), which is leaving me intrigued is on the left there is no marking/serials and on the right I have this mark, I would like your opinion, without a doubt making a comparison it really seems to be legitimate, but what about this issue of marking?
photo1708747143.jpeg
photo1708747143(1).jpeg

Wrong side. and there are Copper Penny that dont have serial #s All Penny Colorways actually have releases with no Serial. I have seen and own Samples that have the word "sample" engraved exactly the same way as the serial but under the earsock.

yes i know but this mark is on right side, no serial on left side… i think this piece going to warranty because one side is lighter than other… see pics below

IMG_0058.jpeg

IMG_0060.jpeg

Dont see the mark. it looks like a pair of used non serialized penny coppers. If someone is trying to say it cost more because it has marks, I have a bridge to sell you. Oh, and piece of toast with Maria Magdalena.

Do you think there was some kind of polishing? Have you seen this before?
Could be anything from minor polishing or oxidation, or being on display with one side getting sun, or someone just changed out the parts when they did a nose bridge tune. or it could have been a damaged pair and they bought another damaged pair and slapped it together and claimed it's a "sample". Personally I would rub the other side with a rubbing compound to see if you can get it to match even out.

Back