• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

About to delve into x metal land. What should I know?

doowahditty

I should Work at Oakley
Washington State
Ok folks, I am about to jump headfirst into the x metal pool and would like to hear the pros and cons, what to look for and what to look out for. I want to get at least one Juliet(probably 2), an R1, an R2, a Penny, an XX, and an X Squared. I wouldn't be opposed to buying all at the same time for the right deal but I just don't want to spend that much money until I am more familiar with those frames. Thank you for any and all help.

This is a rabbit hole that you'll need to make sure you're strapped into your gear tightly for and have a good rope to pull yourself out with.

You plan on wearing them or staring at them?

Ok folks, I am about to jump headfirst into the x metal pool and would like to hear the pros and cons, what to look for and what to look out for. I want to get at least one Juliet(probably 2), an R1, an R2, a Penny, an XX, and an X Squared. I wouldn't be opposed to buying all at the same time for the right deal but I just don't want to spend that much money until I am more familiar with those frames. Thank you for any and all help.

Research prices and trends. Then tend to fall and rise. Take your time and don't buy anything on impulse. Most x metals are over priced anyways... by over priced I mean over retail... way over. The best deals are the ones that don't break the bank and leave you with buyers remorse.

PS the search is bar is your best source for info. I took about a week researching everything.

Back