• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Acid Blue Frogskins Opinions?

JoeC

Oakley Beginner
I've never had a pair of Oakley's before, but that's about to change. I just want to know what you think of this colorway.
BAh7CGkKIgw2Nzh4MzE2aQtsKwd8MEZPaQhpA4SQAg.jpg?class=zoomer-img-main

Do you think they are too feminine, or are they fine, thoughts?:confused: I usually don't care what people think, but I want your opinions.

I think they look fine for both male or female, but if you're going to be worrying about it you might want to just get something else, just so you're not always thinking about it...

Those appear to be the Acid Blue Frogskins. If they are, I feel I should point out that their color is noticeably different in front of you, than it is in all the photos of the Acid Blue Frogskins. If you want a more blue (royal blue) Frogskins, find a pair of the Jetty Surf Crystal Blue Frogskins. They are a more true semitransparent blue Frogskins.

Those appear to be the Acid Blue Frogskins. If they are, I feel I should point out that their color is noticeably different in front of you, than it is in all the photos of the Acid Blue Frogskins. If you want a more blue (royal blue) Frogskins, find a pair of the Jetty Surf Crystal Blue Frogskins. They are a more true semitransparent blue Frogskins.

They are the Acid Blue's you're right. What do you mean they look different... darker or lighter?
I like the color a lot, but do you think it looks like it's more directed to girls, or what?

Does anyone know where I can look at these glasses on someones actual face? I know there's a thread based around all types of oakleys, but I want to know if there's one just for Frogskin's?

They are the Acid Blue's you're right. What do you mean they look different... darker or lighter?
I like the color a lot, but do you think it looks like it's more directed to girls, or what?

Does anyone know where I can look at these glasses on someones actual face? I know there's a thread based around all types of oakleys, but I want to know if there's one just for Frogskin's?

No, they do not give me a "feminine" vibe. The Acid Red/Pink is much more of what I would call a "girly" Frogskins.

As far as what the Acid Blue looks like in the flesh/O matter, it has a much greener tint to it. I'd call the color more of a light blue with just a little greenish hue. It's very difficult to describe. I just recall opening the shipping box from Oakley, and seeing the Acid Blue and being disappointed that it was NOT the blue as depicted online. I wouldn't want a first-time Frogskins buyer to have a poor first experience. :)

EDIT: In fact, upon close inspection of the stock photo you posted, you can make out the "greenish" tint along the top of the orbitals where the light is hitting the frame. It's so subtle that you just don't notice it until you're holding them in your hands. I also wanted to point out that the Crystal Blue is still available, along with the Acid Blue, and Acid Black, on the Oakley Vault online store. http://oakleyvault.com/product/frogskins/24-243

They are darker but to be honest they still look great and will suit both male and female! I didn't try mine on before I bought them, saw the VR46 Frogs bought them an tried them when they arrived. Thought if I didn't like them I could return them. Live dangerously and take the plunge :)

Hope this helps:

56093ae7-dc1a-381a.jpg

56093ae7-dc28-3cbb.jpg

56093ae7-dc3e-d7a5.jpg

I've also done an unboxing video for them if you want to check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfhUs0_ghac&feature=youtube_gdata_player

They are darker but to be honest they still look great and will suit both male and female! I didn't try mine on before I bought them, saw the VR46 Frogs bought them an tried them when they arrived. Thought if I didn't like them I could return them. Live dangerously and take the plunge :)

Hope this helps:

56093ae7-dc1a-381a.jpg

It actually helped a lot. I wanted them to be a bit darker, and it looks to be that they are more darker then they appear.

Had to lighten the pic up but it's quite close to the actual colour.

I bought them thinking they were really light so was a tad disappointed when I opened them up but I still like them :)

Back