• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Acid Tortoise Frogskins Sunglasses

Feelin' Froggy said:
Boom! Just got mine in! Popped the lenses into some polished black frames. My new go-to pair! If anyone wants a deal on the Acid Tort frames let me know! :cool:

Very nice, which color did you get?

Feelin' Froggy said:
Got the greens. So now I've got some Polished Black w/Emeralds.

Very cool. Like a motogp frogskin haha. I was gonna offer to buy the frames but I want the emerald too!

That's pretty sweet! How are the black and green ones in real life?
The lenses on the acid green tort aren't very green under any of the lighting I have in my apartment. That in mind, please realize that the camera was "creating" green in the lenses that is NOT there. Unfortunately the sun is down, so no pics in actual sunlight. Hopefully someone else has seen them in sunlight and can tell us whether they're more of a green, or if they are still a very pale gold tint with barely a sniff of green. Also worth noting that the green frames have a cool green "pop" to them, apparently due to the use of a blue dye used for some of the "fingerprints" rather than all black like the Black and + red frames. Very cool effect when you see the green flashes as the frames are moved in relation to the viewer. Hope this helps. :smile:
IMG_20120503_200311.jpg

IMG_20120503_201252.jpg

IMG_20120503_201636.jpg

Yeah, that's always been a criticism of Emerald, that they're not green enough. Under the sun they should shine a little better, but still not as true a green as Jade. But they are better to look though..

That's pretty sweet! Thanks for the pics :)

Now, I do have to say that the tortoise looks a bit weird on the acid series... It just looks like finger prints...
It's really a fingerprint pattern which, when viewed from a distance, appears similar to a traditional tortoise pattern. Once I had a pair, I saw that indeed it looks as if someone has taken your pair of plain acid frames, and proceeded to get their black ink-covered fingers all over them. Except that the green pair have the blue fingerprints as I mentioned in my previous post with the photos. The blue "ink" is what I believe creates the bright green spots when the light combines the yellow hue of the frame with the blue fingerprints.

Back