• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Added Commerce Section Rules?

I don't understand all the chatter lately about "RULES". There are some basic rules already established on the Forum that have worked. If a new member shows up and his/her first or second post is a sale or exchange.....who cares. If you are interested you can pursue it.....if you are not interested move on.

How about this for a BUMP rule.......for every BUMP, the OP has to drop their price by 5%. LOL. If that were a rule we would all be glued to the Exchange section waiting for "THEBUMP".

Leave the Forum alone.....

I definitely agree with the bump rule, there have been so many bumps lately and I go to some threads and its all bumps. I would say once every 48 hours is enough. Because once every 24 hours and someone will have 7 bumps i.e 7 posts in a week and the thread looks cluttered.

I don't mind the minimum requirement, however I wouldn't want to set it too high or for the month like Onerd was talking about because then people just won't bother. Like let's say you have a cool pair of oaks and you are trying to sell them, you find this site and want to, but if you have to wait a month or 40 posts you probably won't even bother and we will miss out. 10 Posts probably isn't too bad because then someone see's it registers, and looks around first, introduces themselves, posts a few times, then they post in the exchange section after they have learned a little about the community.

Summary:
1 Bump every 48 hours
10 Post minimum for Exchange threads

What does everyone think?

I definitely agree with the bump rule, there have been so many bumps lately and I go to some threads and its all bumps. I would say once every 48 hours is enough. Because once every 24 hours and someone will have 7 bumps i.e 7 posts in a week and the thread looks cluttered.

Summary:
1 Bump every 48 hours
10 Post minimum for Exchange threads

What does everyone think?

do it

I agree with xmetalmanic and del518, nothing is wrong with the site as it currently is. Nothing has happened, as far as I'm aware, that has caused the need for more 'rules'. Trades are going fine, feedback is going fine. You want to bump your own thread fine, I don't have to read the thread so it doesn't impact on me, surely the threads original poster can decide what he can and can't do with his own thread? And, as discussed many times already, post count is not an indicator in any way as to whether someone will or won't scam you. Protect your self by using PayPal and use your common sense.

The only new rule needed is no more threads on 'new rules'.

jk-27 said:
I agree with xmetalmanic and del518, nothing is wrong with the site as it currently is. Nothing has happened, as far as I'm aware, that has caused the need for more 'rules'. Trades are going fine, feedback is going fine. You want to bump your own thread fine, I don't have to read the thread so it doesn't impact on me, surely the threads original poster can decide what he can and can't do with his own thread? And, as discussed many times already, post count is not an indicator in any way as to whether someone will or won't scam you. Protect your self by using PayPal and use your common sense.

The only new rule needed is no more threads on 'new rules'.

Agree with this... The forum has been doing fine. Bumps dont affect how the forum runs as a whole as we can chose which thread to click on.

Latest Posts

Back