• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Adding clear coat to preserve original finish

Heres the beauty of clear coating......you can strip it off and it wont hurt the original finish.kinda like a condom for your glasses.

thank you @the-xman. as long as it can be removed without hurting the original finish. I now too consider it as preserving. that's all I needed to hear.

but I stand by my point that if it can't be removed then it's not really preserving.

So an additional question I have is in regards to the feel after coating the frames. Does it have a smooth finish afterwards or still the gritty feel they currently have? I attached a pic of the beauty's btw.

image.jpg

SLIGHTLY SMOOTHER,DID A BUNCH OF STUFF FOR NICOSUAVE WITH THE CLEARCOAT.LET HIM BE THE TESTIMONIAL TO THIS FINISH

Last edited:
it smoothes it out a little. very mild mild gloss that only you will notice and only very up close. It darkens the plasma a little, I would say again extremely mild and actually quite classy.
To protect the 24k it's priceless though, I was tired of worrying about the finish.
Now with the clearcoat and xmans tune, I feel the glasses are indestructible and I can man handle them without worrying. Worth it!!

Back