• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Adding Unobtainium?

FLAoak

Oakley Beginner
Florida
Have any of you guys added Unobtainium to any frames that from the factory didnt have it? My thoughts are trying to turn a lifestyle frame into an active line frame. The JFL & JS Carbon have those little thin strips unobtainium that seem to just be glued to the stem, why couldnt that be done to a frog or holbrook?

My wife's frames for have unobtainium glued to the earstems. She hates it though because the tip will catch her hair when she pits them on. The fine hair gets caught between the earstems and the unobtainium if it peels up a little. So yes you can do it, but you have to get your hands on some unobtainium pieces.

Can't remember who it was, but someone put Radar earsocks on I think it was a Ten frame and it looked like it went together pretty well actually. That would be over the entire arm obviously, not just a small strip on the inside of the frame.

Can't remember who it was, but someone put Radar earsocks on I think it was a Ten frame and it looked like it went together pretty well actually. That would be over the entire arm obviously, not just a small strip on the inside of the frame.

I did it with Radarlock Earsocks. I'd think Radar Earsocks could be better though.

I've always wondered about this too. I love my fives squared but also like the fact that other pairs I wear have unobtainium. Might try this when I get home using flak jacket earsocks

Have any of you guys added Unobtainium to any frames that from the factory didnt have it? My thoughts are trying to turn a lifestyle frame into an active line frame. The JFL & JS Carbon have those little thin strips unobtainium that seem to just be glued to the stem, why couldnt that be done to a frog or holbrook?
I imagine that flak jacket or straight jacket socks may slide into some frogs or holbrooks with the help of some dish soap. I may try it out just to see how it looks. I'm sure it will have some imperfections. Cool idea though.

Latest Posts

Back