1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. FLAoak

FLAoak Oakley Beginner

Have any of you guys added Unobtainium to any frames that from the factory didnt have it? My thoughts are trying to turn a lifestyle frame into an active line frame. The JFL & JS Carbon have those little thin strips unobtainium that seem to just be glued to the stem, why couldnt that be done to a frog or holbrook?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

The JFL unobtanium isnt glued on. It lays in a groove cut into the stems.

3. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

My wife's frames for have unobtainium glued to the earstems. She hates it though because the tip will catch her hair when she pits them on. The fine hair gets caught between the earstems and the unobtainium if it peels up a little. So yes you can do it, but you have to get your hands on some unobtainium pieces.

4. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Maybe a can of plasti-dip? Not the spray, but the actual dip used for tool handles.

5. pistolpetefan23

pistolpetefan23 Oakley Expert Premium Member

Can't remember who it was, but someone put Radar earsocks on I think it was a Ten frame and it looked like it went together pretty well actually. That would be over the entire arm obviously, not just a small strip on the inside of the frame.

6. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

I did it with Radarlock Earsocks. I'd think Radar Earsocks could be better though.

7. ausoakley

ausoakley Oakley Expert

I've always wondered about this too. I love my fives squared but also like the fact that other pairs I wear have unobtainium. Might try this when I get home using flak jacket earsocks

8. Mr X Metal

Mr X Metal Oakley Enthusiast

I imagine that flak jacket or straight jacket socks may slide into some frogs or holbrooks with the help of some dish soap. I may try it out just to see how it looks. I'm sure it will have some imperfections. Cool idea though.

9. ausoakley

ausoakley Oakley Expert

So I just tried this with flak jacket ear socks on a batwolf. They slide on but not all the way so I'm gonna cut the ear sock in half