1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. kevl

kevl Oakley Beginner

Hi everyone,

New to the community here and recently bought my first pair of Carbon Blades.
    Tried on a couple of the frames at the local store (short wear) and it all seem to fit really well.

When the Ferrari Carbon Blades finally arrived in the email, it seemed to be a bit tight around the temples. Will the frame eventually season out/enlarge to become slightly wider? Otherwise there are unsightly marks around the temples everytime i remove them :)

Not sure if these arms are fully carbon fibre and can be reshaped through heat or not?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. David F

David F Oakley Enthusiast Premium Member

I'm guessing the carbon fiber will not change permanently over time. Also I think it would be a bad idea to try to manipulate them. May just not be the frame for you. That's happened to me before. Just my .02.
  3. Ventruck

Ventruck Oakley Expert

Odds are if you heat the carbon it won't hold a different shape unless it's a really high temp. If you do meet the resin's service temperature (or even glass transition temperature because this isn't an industrial application), good luck curing it back to form.