• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ads In The Last Post On A Page....

I 100% agree Boss ! If these gather more money then I'm all for it. I so love this forum and want it to stay !

Talking about the ads... Before I only had ads about sunglasses and now it seems that I have more random stuff, is it just me ?

So our header ad belongs to Shade Station who help support the forum. The ad you're seeing in the last post is a dynamic ad meaning it changes based on context. The ad is supplied by Google, so it can change based on what Google thinks you want to see. I definitely see more ads for sunglasses, but that makes sense since our entire site is about Oakleys. But I still often see other ads about things I enjoy such as travel.

When I am on my phone looking at conversations every single thing said back and forth has an ad that is separating the text
15ft8w6.png

This is driving me crazy.

When I am on my phone looking at conversations every single thing said back and forth has an ad that is separating the text
15ft8w6.png

This is driving me crazy.

Gonna look into this immediately. Thanks for the post.

It shouldn't be on every post. I just checked on my Iphone and it appears the same as on desktop. When I zoom in, nothing changes, and I can read the text without the ad even in sight. I'm gonna work on testing it on Android.

So I've been doing some more playing around. It seemed like people weren't as much annoyed with the ad in general(hey we all know they keep websites running), but more annoyed with the fact that the square ad unit was smack in middle of the post, and forcing text into a narrower space.

What I went ahead and did, is switched from said square unit, to a traditional banner under the post. Very similar to the footer before, but a little higher on the screen, while still being out of the way.

Opinions?

Like that a lot better. I was going to suggest a banner ad between posts, which is what we do on the site that I run.

Latest Posts

Back