• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Advice - best Oakleys for women who is an avid jogger

aldo13

Oakley Beginner
My wife is an avid jogger (5ks for fun, 1/2 marathons more likely and some Ragnar type events). I'm looking to get a nice pair of sunglasses for her to use when running. She has a pair of older flaks but I'm looking for advice from people that actually use them. So I'm counting on your feedback. Realistically I'd like to keep the price under $200. Also, she is not a fan of the polarized lenses, they tend to give her headaches. Thanks, and I look forward to reading your comments. And I did receive the percentage discount email from Oakley that's good until the 12th

My daughter (and sometimes my wife) wear Radars when doing sports. Radars, Radarlocks and the Radar EV are pretty much the only Oakleys seen on female skiers here in winter. With men a few wear Jawbreakers, Zeros and Racing jackets in addition to the Radars

Old school "Standard" Radar wearer here. I cycle over 100 miles a week and rotate through 8 pair. I swear by them, and will continue to use them hard while I can still get lenses for them everywhere, which I imagine will be quite a loooong time since they are still in production for the time being.
I am not a fan of polarization either, and wear them when it is inevitable (some lifestyle and metal frames I have have them).

My wife's favorite pair is her RPM Squared. I picked them up new for $50 CAD! I've seen them on 6pm.com lately. She also likes her Quarter Jackets, Fives Squared and She's Unstoppable. The half framed Unstoppable would be better than the full framed She's Unstoppable for sportier activities, but I think she'd like the RPM best for jogging.

I love running in the half jacket 2.0, they are small and stay in place. In triathlons I use the Radar EV. Its a little larger, works great on the bike and transitions to the run nicely.

How About some custom half jackets? They're sports- specific and you can have the run of building something that you you think will suit her. Just don't order yet, show her the picture first and tell her that you think it'll match her eyes beautifully.

Back