• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Advice For A Newbie

So he is selling X-metal/Ice Iridium with box, microfiber bag and papers. No coin, not sure if it comes with xmetal softcase. For $125. Is that a good deal?

Oh just make sure the nose bridge is tight and you're in good shape...that just means you won't have to spend an additional $65 for a tune up.

PHP:
The pic looks more like a Plasma frame to me tho, not X-Metal. I have a set of X-Metal/Black Juliet's and they look nothing like that!?

PHP:
The pic looks more like a Plasma frame to me tho, not X-Metal. I have a set of X-Metal/Black Juliet's and they look nothing like that!?

really? I want the X-metal one so hopefully they are. how can I tell if it's X-metal or plasma? never have any of them so I am not sure how to check. except maybe it will be indicated on the box it comes with.

X Metal is more of a matte grey. That's too shiny to be X Metal. That is for sure plasma. I actually just picked up a pair today. They're still a great pair to have at $125.

Edit: Took a pic for you :smile:

Plasma/Ice in back, X Metal/Ruby in front.

6734601061_8c37deae8b_b.jpg

BTW, since you're close by, we could meet up and i can show you first hand what to look for in X Metals. :smile:

And Rob, don't worry. I'm not cheating on you. You're still my first :wink:

X Metal is more of a matte grey. That's too shiny to be X Metal. That is for sure plasma. I actually just picked up a pair today. They're still a great pair to have at $125.

BTW, since you're close by, we could meet up and i can show you first hand what to look for in X Metals. :smile:

awesome! well he wants to meet tomorrow morning, so I have to have an idea on what to look for. that picture you posted really helped me out. and your right, even if they are plasma, they are still great for the price. :) maybe we can meet sometime hehe :)

Haha funny :)...do eeet enabler! Get someone else addicted to the metal!

Just make sure the ends of the earstems don't curve out, there are gaskets where the T6 screws are. The nose bridge flexes. And there is some weight to the metals. Even though they're titanium alloy blend, which makes them light enough, they're not that light.

Most of the fakes don't have rubber washers where the screw of the lens is. they also use regular phillips screws and not the torx. Also make sure the torx screws are sunken in and not sticking out from the frame.

I don't think you have to worry though. The picture you posted looks legit.

Back