• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

%#^$@ Advice Needed After Friend Broke My XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunpoh

Oakley Expert
So about a week or so ago I lent my friend my Tio2 XX... Somehow, he managed to put the shades on a chair and sitting on it. Breaking both ear stems clean into half. When I heard it, it felt like someone told me that my dog died. He even had the balls to throw the stems away and return me the orbitals. Rest assured I made sure I taught him a lesson By whacking the life out of him. But he has also agreed to either pay for a new frame or the parts for it. I did manage to source a pair of straight juliet stems and a possible hammstems. But the lead on the hammer stems one don't seem bright at the moment.

Here's what I wanna ask.
How much is just the orbitals and nosebrigde with lenses worth?
How much is a complete frame?

@Steven my friend is kinda big sized, severly overweight so... yeah.. he sat directly on the ear stems and thats about it.

Sorry for your lost dude. It's it were me, I'd break something of his back just so that he'll learn to take care of other people stuff when borrowing them.

I thought the x-metal was nearly indestructible. I recall someone saying they tested them by running over them with a car.

I would like to see pics of the broken stems.

I thought the x-metal was nearly indestructible. I recall someone saying they tested them by running over them with a car.

The car test seems kinda stupid since they're mostly flat and so is the ground. They would just bend out of shape slightly. Resting each end of the stem on something and leaving the middle suspended and then pushing down on the middle might give you a better idea of how far they'll bend before they break. I know I was able to bend one fairly easily while trying to put an earsock back on so I'm sure it's not too hard to break one.

I don't lend anything to anyone if i expect to get back in the same condition when i gave it out. It may make me sound like a jerk of a friend, but i'm sure it has saved some friendships for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back