• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Advice Needed

IUSTEVE

I am Jim Jannard...
INDIANA
I am looking for a good "sport" frame for a larger head/face. I want something to wear while biking. I have a large head unfortunately (fitted hat size 7 5/8). I do not have any sport frames thus far and am in need of something that is nice and wide at the temple and side of the head. Any thoughts or suggestions?

I recommend the Radarlocks in the pitch or xl configuration depending on the coverage you want. Racing jackets (jawbones) are also great for the size! I have the same hat size, and those have been super good for me. I also wear the Half Jacket 2.0 xl. I didn't think they would work, but they do the job well if you want the cheaper way out.

How do Fuel Cells or Monster Dogs fit you for comparison? I can wear both but they are a tad tight and not great for long periods of time.

Fuel cells are great on me. But I may have a more narrow head than yourself. The radar has some flex in it. Do you have a place to try on a pair? That will give you a solid idea on what you need.

I also have a big head man, i know how hard it is. I use the same hat size (it is a pain most of the times), the fuel cells and monster dogs fits really good at me, my sport frame is a jawbone, fits perfect! Love them, a lot, since i don't like the Radars, and you can always custom and change lenses, jaws and bolts.

samirb

Do you not like the "look" of the radars or is it the fit?

@ S3SUNRUH

I dont have any place that close but I could make a trip. I like the look of the radar locks but not sure if they will fit. Do all radar lenses use the same frame? Or is it more in depth than that?

All radarlock frames use the same frame and will accept all radarlock lenses in pitch or path with the exception of the xl. The xl has a taller nose bridge, so the lens covers a higher portion of your face.

For me, I could wear a pair for hours upon hours on end without an issue.

The XL is the same frame on top. The only difference between the standard (pitch and path) and the XL is the length of the nose piece that comes down from the top of the frame. It's about a quarter inch longer, which can make all the difference in fit for some people.

Sizes large to small
XL -requires xl frame
Pitch -standard frame
Path -standard frame
Edge -standard frame (primarily a women's cut lens, smallest but I've seen a few on here pull it off)

Do you know are the "standard" and "XL" frames the same width? This seems to be the most important issue for me. As for pitch v path what is the difference simply a different shaped lens or more to it?

Back