• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Advice Needed

I don't own an xl but I do have path and pitch.

Path
tumblr_mlmwm1OsDj1rbptugo5_1280.jpg

Pitch
tumblr_mlmwm1OsDj1rbptugo3_1280.jpg

and to answer your question, XL and standard are the same width. Unfortunately I don't know the dimension. The only difference is literally just the nose bridge length and lens size to fit.

I don't realize much of a difference between the two lens sizes I have. I like the additional coverage of the pitch size, but I like the aggressive cut of the path. So it's pretty difficult to choose.

As a side note, I've tried on the radar XL before, and I have always wanted one since. They are great and provide so much coverage. The XL sits on my face exactly where the pitch does, but it has a higher profile.

So is the coverage on the path still decent/good? Or does it lack a little compared to the pitch? And with the XLs higher profile, does it just sit higher and cover more of your eyebrows and doesnt come down any farther on your cheeks?

About the XL, that is correct. Just look at the two side by side on the Oakley site and you'll see it. The coverage of the path is great, no questions there. I use that lens all the time for running. It lets a little light up from the bottom, but that happens with any half frame. If you have any more questions, feel free to PM as well. Don't want to swamp the forum with a conversation. ;)

The Fast Jackets would also be an excellent option. I would consider either the xl or regular lenses, everyone has their own preference. But I would consider these along with the Radarlock, they are another great option.

radar and fast jackets fit differently on my head at least...

I prefer the fit of the radar for comfort.

pit bull is also a very good fit for me as well as the split jackets.

there are a lot of sport frames that will work for a big head.

I have a bigger head, 7-7/8 to 8 hat. I can't wear Monster Dogs, Fuel Cells, or the Path size for Radars. They're all too short and open up too much. I wear the M Frame, Strike or Heater size.

So is the coverage on the path still decent/good? Or does it lack a little compared to the pitch? And with the XLs higher profile, does it just sit higher and cover more of your eyebrows and doesnt come down any farther on your cheeks?
I've had all the Radar lens shapes at one time or another. I prefer the Path. I got rid of all the others. The Path outsells all other Radar lens shapes combined. Of course, everyone's different. But if the numbers are anything to go by, the Path is probably your safest bet unless you have a head/facial form that is way outside the norm.

Back