• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

After An Awesome Weekend In Gary Indiana...

CarGuy

Finally got rid of the default title...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
How could you not be interested in reading a thread with a title like that?

My youngest son accepted a baseball scholarship to Kent State so we went to Gary this past weekend to watch Kent State play in the regionals. They beat UK in 21 innings on Friday night (an almost 7 hour game, an incredible experience to see in person) then beat Purdue on Saturday and then beat UK again on Sunday to advance to the Super Regionals in the CWS. This little MAC school beat a strong SEC school twice as well as the Big 10 champ and their watch list Big 10 pitcher of the year.

I can't say enough about their coaches or their quality program overall, but what does that have to do with X Metals?

This hobby is a form of therapy and relaxation for me so after a pretty exhausting weekend of travel and baseball we returned home and to decompress I did a little X Metal housecleaning. I've have gotten some new sunnies lately that needed some TLC, especially that nasty, nasty degrading foam and the crappy residue that it imparts on the microfiber bag and everything else. I used some thin foam and cut it into 7-3/4" x 2-1/4 sheets, removing the old foam and putting the sheet in the box bottom to clean the box up. Then I washed the bags and dried them overhead while I cleaned up boxes, drilled out a stripped T6 and just got caught up a bunch. Gummy worms optional, I had them left over from seeing MIB3 while killing time on the road over the weekend.

7333027586_cddc332a3b.jpg

7333033108_dbac037b90.jpg

Congrats to your son! Must be a proud daddy and probably buying him some Flaks or Radars to use while he's playing?

Could you share how you drilled out your stripped T6 screw? I have a pair of juliets with that problem right now and i'm not entirely sure the best way to go about it.

Yeah, Team USA Radars since his college coach Coach Stricklin actually coached baseball Team USA this year!

Fix your Juliets just like in these threads:
http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-x-metal-discussion/8974-craigslist-rant-juliets-inside.html

http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-x...t-bit-snag-when-changing-lenses-my-penny.html

I used a 7/64th drill bit to try to start an easy-out but no-go, just completely smoothed and rounded out the T-6 slot instead. So I kept drilling with the 7/64th carefully to not dig up the screw channel on the orbital and chewed up the T6 head. Then the orbital pops open and you can use forceps like they did in those threads or a needlenose like I did. Lots of WD-40 and especially directly into the threads after the orbital is freed up. Then it comes right out.

Back