• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

After market lenses what is good what is bad?

Which is best?

• Total voters
The whole point of Oakley and always has been is 100% perfect vision..

The aftermarket lenses are a bit like looking through a beer bottle :(

The whole point of Oakley and always has been is 100% perfect vision..

The aftermarket lenses are a bit like looking through a beer bottle :(
I agree but I have not been able to find a set for my juliet fire polarized, I am not comfortable with cutting my lenses and I have not been able to get anyone to cut for me

the problem i have had so far with aftermarket/replica lenses is them over-flexing while installing, and then the coating coming off. they then proceed to look like flea market bootleg crap, and you have the feeling of having been suckered out at least $30 bucks.

they also aren't as thick as the real deal, and smudge faster too.

I'll try to find the box from the repro's, for the brand, and take a picture of the lenses to show what I mean for the flaking tonight.

Photochromic lenses for flak jacket are not polarized when purchased from oakley. It appears the after market lenses are polarized....and much cheaper. Wouldn't that be better?

Photochromic lenses for flak jacket are not polarized when purchased from oakley. It appears the after market lenses are polarized....and much cheaper. Wouldn't that be better?

A lens that probably doesn't have a base-in prism profile and possibly doesn't fit right, better? Sure ok.

In all fairness I did enjoy Revant's HC3 Elite, which seemingly didn't come short in those regards. From what I've read their other lenses had fit issues, but nonetheless their rep Kevin has been a great guy to communicate with.

From my feedback study on ebay , yes revant is better than walleva , but even on revant i read about distortion and fitting problems.
Dont you never heard about Fuse ? They have zeiss lenses options for oakley and the best feedback on ebay comparing to the same amount of sells!!

Back