• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

After Market Lenses

Arron1980

Oakley Enthusiast
England
Anybody have any experience with Revant or Walleva lenses? Goes without saying that Oakley lenses are all I want but just interested if there are any decent alternatives out there

Both brands have been discussed many times, along with aftermarkets vs. OEM in general. If you do a quick forum search I'm sure you can find a wealth of information.

But in summary, though there are a few dissenters, the vast majority "conventional wisdom" is that aftermarkets are inferior, especially with the most important part, the optics. There is some objective data backing that up. Aftermarkets are not recommended for anything other than looking pretty sitting on a shelf.

Anybody have any experience with Revant or Walleva lenses? Goes without saying that Oakley lenses are all I want but just interested if there are any decent alternatives out there

The Revant ones are pretty bad IMO, I wouldn't bother with those.

The Walleva lenses I personally think are superb. There are one or two in the older frames that aren't great, but especially in the sport models the optics are brilliant.

I think the only metric this forum has had to compare lenses is the clarity shown with projected slides. Last I remember, Fuse was impressive, but was still subject to additional testing.

Back