• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Earsocks And Temple Shocks For X-Metals

I generally use Custom X ear socks and temple shocks because they are relatively close to the unobtanium 'grip' and they don't get worn out at all! Had a friend bring them back from Japan but I don't know where they are manufactured though.

I noticed withWalleva that they are packaging earsocks and temple shocks from their Juliet line with their Penny lenses. Do the Penny and Juliet share the same type of earsocks? It seems like the ones for the Penny should be slightly shorter than the ones used on the Juliet.

I noticed withWalleva that they are packaging earsocks and temple shocks from their Juliet line with their Penny lenses. Do the Penny and Juliet share the same type of earsocks? It seems like the ones for the Penny should be slightly shorter than the ones used on the Juliet.

yup Penny earsocks are shorter, they probably dont know their stuff and are just using that as a gimmick..

I'd be interested in the fit, quality, look of Walleva rubber as well....Oakley doesn't make green Juliet rubber anymore so might consider them for the custom X Metal with Emerald build I'm working on. Only issue is Walleva picture makes there's look lime green which wouldn't really work

How expensive is he?

not expensive at all! Penny earsocks WITH matching colored rubber gaskets for the orbital screw gap are $15 per set, and nosebombs will be $20 a pair. His color range is massive.. like all flavours of neon, Fluro and even has a glow-in-the-dark line! but as i said, he's still working on the nosebombs. I'll be ordering a set when they're ready..

considering hes the only one producing those little plastic hinge washers (which can incidentally replace the Pennys metal washers and eliminate the metal-on-metal wear, plus no more earstem wobble when closed), plus those orbital gaskets in matching color.. pretty good!

I just called Oakley's customer service to see if they had any Penny earsocks available and the rep looked it up on the system and apparently all X-Metals use the same earsock.

The computer program they use essentially takes the model in question and takes it apart so that each part can be tracked down. So imagine my surprise when he said that they did have earsocks for the Penny! I then ask the next logical question of whether or not the Penny shared the same type of earsocks as the Penny and he took a Juliet, took it apart, and lo and behold, same earsock.

Upon further investigation, according to the computer system all X-Metals use the same earsocks.

Now the question I have is this: the Penny's earsock groove seems shorter than that of the Juliet so why did they do different sized grooves on the earstems if they were to share the same earsocks?

On a side note, the guy sent me some earsocks for free. :D

Back