• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Lens Question

Brettc10

I am Jim Jannard...
Oahu, Hawaii
Hey Guys I am sure this has been talked about before. But a quick question about aftermarket Lenses.
Which is best out of these choices:
1. LINEGEAR GARNET
2. EXOVISTA
3. Visionary Lenses

Thanks for the help.

Batwolf did a WHOLE review on Visionary Lenses. From my own experience, Exovista and Visionary Lenses are the best option. Which is better, that's up to you. I have never heard of Linegear Garnet. I'll look for the link for Batwolf's review though!

Edit: Check this page out for VL Review

http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-s...8-visionary-lenses-depth-review-part-2-a.html

Thanks for posting that. Here is the first thread to go along with part 2.

http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-sunglasses-discussion/2431-visionary-lenses-depth-review.html

I've seen the Linegear Garnet lenses for sale on eBay. They're a little more pricey than the VL's or Exovista's. It also says that the lenses are a product of Japan, thus probably adding to the overall cost. If this is a true 'Japan made' product, then I may consider trying the Linegear's, we'll see. I'd also be interested to hear if anyone has tried this brand.

Thanks so far I have looked into these 3. I was hoping to get first hand accounts on these with people that have them.
For the members that have any of these could you just let me know yes or no. Thanks for posting the link to the review that did help.
I am very interested in the Linegear. I really like the red lenses they offer.

I have 2 pairs of VL lenses for my Holbrooks: the Silver Ice ("black iridium") and Fire Red ("fire iridium").
so far (have 2 or 3 months), they are ok without scratchs and keep the mirror layer in good condition.

the first time I used them (it was the Fire Red) I felt a little headache during a few minutes but then it went away. this pain may have been caused by me being used to the original Oakley Polarized lenses.
All the VL lenses are polarized but I feel a little difference between them and the OAKLEY: when I'm driving with original O, I can't see anything in the LCD of the car but if I'm with the VL, I can see a bit.
In this situation, the behavior of the VL is the same as polarized ARNETTE or polarized RayBan so I think the VL are in good level.

I have also read the analysis by the other user of the forum about VL and I agree with what is said there.

another strong point of VL is the customer service. I'm from Portugal and the orders arrive quickly and in good condition.

I just got the VL purple mirror polarized lenses for my Hijinx. So far I'm happy with the purchase. One tip if you are ordering from eBay. Don't use the "Buy It Now". They listed mine for $39.99 as a "Buy It Now", but also have auction style listings starting at $14.99. I lost the first set I bid on, but the next day won a set for $14.99. Looks like they list them every day or so and there isn't that much competition. Plus they offer free shipping in the US and they arrived in 3 days.

Back