• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Lens Question

I just got the VL purple mirror polarized lenses for my Hijinx. So far I'm happy with the purchase. One tip if you are ordering from eBay. Don't use the "Buy It Now". They listed mine for $39.99 as a "Buy It Now", but also have auction style listings starting at $14.99. I lost the first set I bid on, but the next day won a set for $14.99. Looks like they list them every day or so and there isn't that much competition. Plus they offer free shipping in the US and they arrived in 3 days.
I also saw that. I waited and bid on the auction for the VL lenses for my Romeos. I got the Ice Blue and I have worn them a few times already and I like the VL lens. Pretty good. Not as good as OG Oakley lenses but a good fill in.
I did get them with-in 3 days, fast shipping and free.

Honestly, in my opinion I'd stick to Oakley. Quality, value, and fit is what you get out of it. I bought a silver lens for my frogskins to go with my Holbrooks with chrome irid. But I sent it back due to the quality compared to Oakley. Obviously there will be a difference but I just prefer official oakleys. I also ordered the clear lenses just for look and indoor/night use but they were way to fat and didn't fit. Great customer service though. Very impressed by that.

Honestly, in my opinion I'd stick to Oakley. Quality, value, and fit is what you get out of it. I bought a silver lens for my frogskins to go with my Holbrooks with chrome irid. But I sent it back due to the quality compared to Oakley. Obviously there will be a difference but I just prefer official oakleys. I also ordered the clear lenses just for look and indoor/night use but they were way to fat and didn't fit. Great customer service though. Very impressed by that.
I would 100% agree but I have a pair of Romeo's and can't get original lens unless you get them on e-bay. The VL lenses are very good and the service so far was good.

I have Juliet's that came with Fire Iridium. And also have positive red scalpel and C-wire (polarized).

I have both EXOVISTA and LINEGEAR aftermarket positive red for the Juliets (the linegear is polarized, the EXOVISTA is non polarized), but can't speak about VL.

My opinion of the 2 aftermarkets vs. Oakley Positive Reds:

EXOVISTA - Please do not waste your money, feels cheap, looks cheap, crap quality. I didn't even bother putting them on.

LINEGEAR - Very good fit, and quality. The positive red actually comes out darker (less yellow on edges, and more or purplish rather than light blue). I really like these lenses, they look better than the stock Oakley Positive reds. They also perform very well, great clarity and vision. The dark purple allows less of your eyes to be seen by outsiders.

OAKLEY - The blue actually appeals sorta light blue depending on lighting conditions, more yellow on the outline. My favourite of the Oakley Iridiums.

:laugh:

Well I guess I'll find out if Exovista is worthy of wear. I wasn't paying $82 shipped for Linegear when Exovista was $31. They have a return policy so if the lenses are not up to snuff send them back.

Okay...and ill be posting pics in XMetal recent purchases...the Liquid Metal Exovista lenses came today. In terms of fit, it took a couple different tries but they fit OEM and are exactly the same size (and actually thicker) than OEM. Visually from the outside on the Plamsa Romeo frame, simply awesome. Clarity indoors is excellent but I can't speak to performance until I wear these in the sun because its a super dark lens.

Overall first impression is very good and as far as loom in the frame? Let's just say with the Fire lens I wasn't feeling it, but with this lens these glasses look HOT and I want to wear them more.

Okay...and ill be posting pics in XMetal recent purchases...the Liquid Metal Exovista lenses came today. In terms of fit, it took a couple different tries but they fit OEM and are exactly the same size (and actually thicker) than OEM. Visually from the outside on the Plamsa Romeo frame, simply awesome. Clarity indoors is excellent but I can't speak to performance until I wear these in the sun because its a super dark lens.

Overall first impression is very good and as far as loom in the frame? Let's just say with the Fire lens I wasn't feeling it, but with this lens these glasses look HOT and I want to wear them more.

I have this in my Xmetal ROmeo1 as well. Pretty decent aftermarket lens. only qualms are that its not hydrophobic or polarised. Exo makes nice finishes.. but you feel that slight lack of quality. clarity isnt Oakley HDO but works well enough.

Back