• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Lens

bawitheba

Oakley Expert
How do you feel about buying Juliet's with aftermarket lens.
Some people charge extra for them.
I actually say I take off for them. I have to replace with oakley lens.
This is all taken in to consideration when buying.

How do you feel about this subject?

Wait....charging MORE for a frame and aftermarket lenses than for a frame and stock lenses? I think that's a rip off. I'd buy stock stock and then aftermarket at all....although with people doing custom cuts now, there isn't really a good reason for aftermarket unless you want a certain look

Aftermarket lenses are just that. There value is minimal, and quality is no where close to Oakley lenses. If I was to buy a pair of Juliets and they had aftermarket lenses I would only pay as much as the value of the frame and not any more. Yes there are some Ebay sellers that sell "custom Oakley X Metal Juliets with XMen Ruby Lenses" Which are basic Juliets with an Exovista lens in them and photographed with a dark background or they use some thing behind the lens to stop light from penitrating it during the auction pix. Then they use that word CUSTOM, and charge $175-$200 more. Guess what....... they sell them to unknowing people and do it over and over again. Then they sell the original lens they removed, a few weeks later.

I agree with the previous posts. If the frame has aftermarket lenses it lowers the value, not increases it. It wouldn't be bad if they had the original lenses included and aftermarket ones installed, but not if the only lenses included were the aftermarket ones. It's a shame some people actually fall for the words "custom," "limited," and "rare" to only benefit the seller.

Latest Posts

Back