• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Lenses For Oakley Penny

mk243

Oakley Beginner
I know this topic has been discussed ad nauseam, and I have read over some of the older posts on this topic. My Oakley Penny's are on the way back from Mark 2112 as we speak, and the original lenses in them are not in the best shape, so I would like to replace them. I know OEM is the way to go if possible, but since lenses for the Penny's are hard to come by, what is the best choice as far as aftermarket goes? I know clarity will not be up to par with an original Oakley lense, but I'm looking for something that doesnt break the bank, good quality and a nice tight fit. I was looking at a set of Exovista lenses, their CF4 model which is supposed to be similar to Oakley's black iridium. Any thoughts on overall quality of these? Is there a better choice I should look at? Thanks in advance for your input.

I put a set of Exovista CF4 in a pair of Splice and I thought they were fine. I later replaced them with Unknown lenses bought from the vault for the same price. The Exovista actually fit better.

Compared with OEM lenses the Exovistas are crap.
I've bought them once and would never do that again.

From my experiance Exovista and Walleva are both junk. Visionary is acceptable though still not to Oakley standards. Similar to some of your mid level, $40-$60 polarized sunglasses. Linegear is the only company that makes a lens of comparable optical quality. They are also pretty expensive though, typically more than original Oakley lenses.

So it seems the consensus is that the Exovista's are not even worth the time. Is the worst part about them the optical clarity? I don't think I'm the most decerning sunglass wearer, but at the same time I don't want lenses that are like staring through the bottom of a Coke bottle.

Not like a Coke bottle, but the clarity compared with an OEM lens is not given.

The choices seem to be pretty slim for the Penny's. I agree the Linegears look great, but the price is a little steep.

Buy some OEM lenses and cut your own Penny lenses out of them.

From my experiance Exovista and Walleva are both junk. Visionary is acceptable though still not to Oakley standards. Similar to some of your mid level, $40-$60 polarized sunglasses. Linegear is the only company that makes a lens of comparable optical quality. They are also pretty expensive though, typically more than original Oakley lenses.

Yah from my experience the "Walleva" lenses definitely aren't great, but the price is SUPER reasonable. Although that being said, I put a pair of black lenses in my Crosshair's and they've been alright. Stay away from anything they do with a mirror finish though... Crapola

I believe I have NIB Ice and VR28 Oakley ones - would have to confirm on Thursday when I'm back in town.

Back