• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Lenses (safety)

bawitheba

Oakley Expert
Ok I need to know if any aftermarket lenses meet anzi Z87.1 standards.
I want to wear my oakleys for safety glasses but don't want to mess up the original Oakley lenses.
All help is appreciated.

What pair do you have? It might be cheaper and safer to get a $45 grey lens from Oakley.

In my experience safety glasses need to be treated as disposables. I use my M-Frames for safety glasses but I do so knowing they could get fragged at any moment when used as such. I do use mine for shooting, where chunks of copper and lead come back hard enough to cut you from time to time, so what you need them for may not be as hazardous to your eyes.

I doubt they are rated for anzi Z87.1, that would add cost to the lens. Also, it would be a plus to advertise that fact. Not to mention they are not as optically correct as Oakley.

Grey or Bronze lenses are $55 from Oakley. If you want to use a pair of $350 glasses as safety glasses you should be able to pony up $55 for a set of beater lenses.

Unless you want clear. Then I can't help you.

They say they are ANZI Z87.1 rated, but I would ask Batwolf. I think he has tried some testing on some VL pairs. If you really need something for safety though, I would agree with the others and invest in an Oakley pair. I used industrial M-Frames in the woodshop class I taught. Was a little overkill, but I knew they wouldn't let me down haha.

I have a set of Finito VR50 Juliet lenses. They're as clear as it gets. Originally from a Finito Lopez signature. They're in 90% condition.

Back