• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket Lenses

Nice thread indeed! I'm still thinking on what to buy for my Romeos (1) since the they both have stress cracks already. but I'm kinda interested with Exovista because they look solid unlike the VL they're more into care bears or rainbow bright lenses. I don't know..i"ll keep monitoring this thread! :)

any update on the VL feedback? or the Exovista? (althought i do notice Exovista doesn't gascan lenses which I am only looking for) but its always good to have updates

any update on the VL feedback? or the Exovista? (althought i do notice Exovista doesn't gascan lenses which I am only looking for) but its always good to have updates

Well i got the Exovista lenses in my MD's, very fast delivery from the USA to me in the UK. The fit was easy, colour good, sharpness not quiet up to OE spec but they are half the price. IMO good value for money.

There is a company called "samvette" doing gascan lenses. Never had them or know anyone thats installed them either.

Is anyone using the VL Emerald lenses in any frame model???? If so could you post a pix??? I just obtained a pair of Matte Black Gascan S, and I wanted to do emerald lenses. I could buy Oakley, but wanted something different....I have a few VL lenses in some wires but I don't own VL emerald....

Is anyone using the VL Emerald lenses in any frame model???? If so could you post a pix??? I just obtained a pair of Matte Black Gascan S, and I wanted to do emerald lenses. I could buy Oakley, but wanted something different....I have a few VL lenses in some wires but I don't own VL emerald....

I'll have a some pics for you in a few days after I am done woking on a pair of custom Hijinx :cool:

Hey guys, I should add to this. I have used exovista lenses on my x-metals, and they are pretty good. quality is pretty tiptop, and clarity is high (i dont notice a difference compared to stock).

I also have tried samvette on my radars. the Onyx (black) lenses is essentially BIP, with visual perception of color tones being as good or in the case of some tones better (reds, yellows) IMO. they are slightly thinner than stock, but all the edges are nicely rounded and besides being abit thin, feels quite well built.

Having said that, nothing actually can beat stock lenses, but for what they are, they're pretty decent

VL Fire Lens

Good thread. I've picked up a couple VL lenses for my matte black hijinx, both the blue green and purple and I think they are pretty good, especially for the price. My question is how does the fire lens that VL has compare to the fire Oakley has? The original lens for my Hijinx are fire and I love how yellow/orange they are, and want to put that color into my black canteens that I'm going to change the O to orange now that I'm moving to San Francisco(Go Giants!), but at least from their auction photos, the VL fire looks more red, almost a ruby color. Anyone have these and have any input?

Back