• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Aftermarket XS Lenses

I mean hey, to each their own, but your aftermarket lenses suck. If you can afford the goods, afford the rest of the goods.

Might as well pick yourself up a pair of fake frames off of ebay and throw some genuine Oakley lenses in them... zero difference.

Once again. I'm not gonna pay 150$ for a set of Romeo lenses that are just going to crack. Might as well burn the money.

And also once again. What makes you think Oakley is the only company in the world who can make lenses like that? That's just being naive

Once again. I'm not gonna pay 150$ for a set of Romeo lenses that are just going to crack. Might as well burn the money.

And also once again. What makes you think Oakley is the only company in the world who can make lenses like that? That's just being naive

While I may agree with you on the reasoning of the romeo. While Oakley lenses are easily avalible for other models I will not use aftermarket. Even if the lens is close to the same quality, I could not do it.

While I may agree with you on the reasoning of the romeo. While Oakley lenses are easily avalible for other models I will not use aftermarket. Even if the lens is close to the same quality, I could not do it.

Oh by all means if you can get originals, go for it. But it'll not always feasible.

As much as I agree in OEM lenses to be fair the OP asked for aftermarket lenses. Lets keep the negativity out please.

Agreed.

To answer the OP, don't get walleva. They're junk. Get vl, exovista, or linegear if you're gonna get aftermarket

Oh by all means if you can get originals, go for it. But it'll not always feasible.

Agreed.

To answer the OP, don't get walleva. They're junk. Get vl, exovista, or linegear if you're gonna get aftermarket

out of all those three, which is the best VL? I have never used aftermarket but might someday if I get a cheap frame and if OEM lenses arent readily available.

out of all those three, which is the best VL? I have never used aftermarket but might someday if I get a cheap frame and if OEM lenses arent readily available.

Idk. I've heard good things about linegear but they're super expensive.

I'd say evolense before vl.

For Linegear, what's the closest to OEM original Ruby Iridium? It is Tanzanite, Red Mirror or Premium Red?

The OEM Ruby Iridiums I have in my XS are so orange they might as well be Fire Iridiums. It's driving me nuts. It really irks me that the recent Ruby looks practically like Fire.

Oakley lenses are always better than aftermarket. But, at the same time you cannot compare aftermarket with OEM because aftermarket is like 1/4th of the price of OEM lenses. For 1/4th of OEM price to get aftermarket lenses that has colors and styles that OEM does not offer is an amazing price I think. Also, for 1/4th of the price to get polarized lenses with a customized look for your Oakley frames is amazing deal.

Unless aftermarket lenses are the same price as OEM. I don't think you can compare the two.

I tried VL, walleva, Evolense, and linegear. I do prefer evolense (a.k.a customxlenses) over all of the other aftermarket lenses because of the price and quality. Also, evolense offers etching on their lenses unlike other aftermarket brands.

Hope this helps.

Latest Posts

Back